Calling all K-swapped CB7 owners, i need swap advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
    But you don't get the satisfaction of beating someone with a newer car in a supposed POS.
    Does it really count when you have their engine

9k would buy a primo 7th gen. Hell 9k you could by a 7th gen V6-6

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

9k for a bone stock 7th gen that runs the same times as a stock cb7.........then spend 7-9k building it. that to me is 18k that still isnt faster than 9k, lol.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

You can't persuade a true enthusiast to move on.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
          You can't persuade a true enthusiast to move on.
          This is all.
          Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
            9k for a bone stock 7th gen that runs the same times as a stock cb7.........then spend 7-9k building it. that to me is 18k that still isnt faster than 9k, lol.
            No way you can get a 7th gen for like 5-6K

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rice=7000&mmt=[HONDA[ACCORD[]][]]&modelCode1=ACCORD&searchRadius=300&showcaseOwnerI d=565766&startYear=2003&transmissionCode=MAN&trans missionCodes=MAN&Log=0&showcaseOwnerId=565766&capt ureSearch=true&showToolbar=true&Log=0

Put the rest into the build, you will have a newer, more comfy, not much slower and def way less complicated car

Keep in mind a 7th gen coupe is only like 100lb more than a CB too

I would split the difference and go H... or just get a 7th gen... but 10K for 20HP, no A/C + P/S on a daily driver................

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

it'd be 9k for 10 more mpg at 55whp+ more. my cb7 weighs 2700lbs with full interior, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, 6speaker stereo, cruise control and a/c all still in tact and functioning with full hushmat treatment(sound deadening). a 7th gen with all of those options is 3000lbs with all the same and a gutted trunk. thats more like 300lbs heavier. now you're talking about buying a 7th gen coupe which is 7k to start around here for a 2004 EX coupe, i have yet to see an LX locally, those are 3100lbs+ BTW, then to do a K20A2 head swap i will have to change my harness, intake manifold, ecu, get kpro, dont need a header for the swap but for more power i will, better mounts, a tsx 6spd, full exhaust system, still need the cams and because it has the weakest k-series bottom end and the pistons wont work, i still have to build the bottom end. so like i said before why would i want to spend more money to go slower?

Comment

It sounds like you have the funds to do this, so have you considered something more wild like a J swap. I know your engine build skills are good but I do not know about your fabbing skills.

Comment

My fab skills are novice at best, lol. Not much of a welder. I can cut and bolt together all day.

Comment

it'd be 9k for 10 more mpg at 55whp+ more. my cb7 weighs 2700lbs with full interior, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, 6speaker stereo, cruise control and a/c all still in tact and functioning with full hushmat treatment(sound deadening). a 7th gen with all of those options is 3000lbs with all the same and a gutted trunk. thats more like 300lbs heavier. now you're talking about buying a 7th gen coupe which is 7k to start around here for a 2004 EX coupe, i have yet to see an LX locally, those are 3100lbs+ BTW, then to do a K20A2 head swap i will have to change my harness, intake manifold, ecu, get kpro, dont need a header for the swap but for more power i will, better mounts, a tsx 6spd, full exhaust system, still need the cams and because it has the weakest k-series bottom end and the pistons wont work, i still have to build the bottom end. so like i said before why would i want to spend more money to go slower?
                    You don't need the A2 head to make monster power from the K. I cant find the dyno now but I've seen people make ~240WHP from A1/A3 heads. I'm seeing 2 LX coupes in NC for under 7K. If you are going to do a big build you still need Kpro, RBC mani, header and new pistons. TSX rods are $90/each.

Plus Im pretty sure you can't have P/S & A/C with a K in the CB. So if this is gonna be a DD it's gonna be kind of miserable. IDK I think sticking with the F/H is a better move for the CB but w/e I'm not gonna keep arguing. But you could def hit your power goals from the F/H for $10K easy

Comment

Well there is PRCB's manual rack DIY that I hear is not bad, still trying to find the balls to do this.

Comment

If you're going into the motor, why use stock used rods? As far as using the a1/a3 head you might as well keep the stock head. But going that route I might as well stick f-series mileage vs power if I don't use the a2 head. P/S is one line needed, A/C is the same way, custom lines. The whole deal is the mpg, reliability, low maintenance and ..... the power. $10k in the engine only, the f-series would be almost in the 300whp range.

Comment

$10k in the engine only, the f-series would be almost in the 300whp range.
                          $10k and only 300whp?

WHHHAT? What are you yammering about now? $10k for 300whp from the f22?

No way. Thats way too much money for such mediocre results. $5k going turbo = way more useable power than that at half the cost.

Seriously. $10k? What?!! For what?
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

i meant n/a for n/a. boost wise 10k is 600-800whp on an f22. yammering....this guy, lol. i love how everybody is all about boost. guess i should jump on the band wagon and go boost too.

Comment

i meant n/a for n/a. boost wise 10k is 600-800whp on an f22. yammering....this guy, lol. i love how everybody is all about boost. guess i should jump on the band wagon and go boost too.
                              Sorry if yammering was/is offensive.

Common talk for me. Lol

I have always been 100% turbo guy. N/A interests me, but hearing numbers like 10k for 300whp always have and always will turn me off.

Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I'm not offended, I took it in as joking. I do agree 10k for 300whp sounds really bad but look at 98vtec's prelude. 11.8's with 300whp vs NWaccord who runs 11.3's with a lighter car and 640whp+. Double the power to drop half a second doesn't sound appealing either, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X