H22 swap tranny ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 swap tranny ?

Ive read every thread in the swap forum, and Im lost. Do I need to buy a different TCU then the one in my car now. I have a 93 auto and I am putting in a motor tranny and ecu package from Hmotorsonline. But Im not sure if that comes with it. And is it necesary to chip the ECU I recieve from the package, I'll be pissed if I put everything in and I cant rev past 6k. Any help appreciated. And if this has been asked before sorry trust me I searched alot.

if they don't send you the TCU with the package, you need to get an H22 TCU. well.. let me rephrase that.. you SHOULD get an H22 TCU.

you CAN use your current F22 TCU, but you won't rev past the stock redline of 6k. you'd have to manually shift if you wanted to hit the 7k+ range. its more convinient to have the H22 TCU, because whenever you want some instant speed you just mash the pedal and it downshifts deep into vtec.

i'm selling a JDM H22 TCU for $50 if you're interested... but it might be another couple weeks before i could ship it out.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
      if they don't send you the TCU with the package, you need to get an H22 TCU. well.. let me rephrase that.. you SHOULD get an H22 TCU.

you CAN use your current F22 TCU, but you won't rev past the stock redline of 6k. you'd have to manually shift if you wanted to hit the 7k+ range. its more convinient to have the H22 TCU, because whenever you want some instant speed you just mash the pedal and it downshifts deep into vtec.

i'm selling a JDM H22 TCU for $50 if you're interested... but it might be another couple weeks before i could ship it out.

yumm.....5 speed swap

that awesome, but yeah, you NEED tcu for best gains, so GET IT
      Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

Thanks Guys, Im actually going to pick it up so Ill make sure I get one from him.

Comment

ya, make sure u do get it...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Im trying to find a TCU but they are harder to find than I thought, I know my H22 is from 92 to 95 I believe so what type of car does the TCU come from just a Prelude. Every salvage yard Ive tried wnats to know the car it came from. To see if they have it in inventory.

Comment

Working...
            X