Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a1 ecu in a6 posted before but info i got was untrue. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a1 ecu in a6 posted before but info i got was untrue. . .

so I have a lx header and I get a cel when i put my a6 ecu(ex) in. its the o2 sensor code. so when i put my a1(lx) ecu in I dont get the code. So im guessing its because of the placement of the o2 sensor being the lx is higher up then the ex. so is there a way to run a a6 (ex) ecu with a a6(lx) header without it throwing codes. Reason is I dont like the speed limiter on the lx. (115)

that shouldnt be true at all.

what code u throwing, 41? im throwing that right now but only with the new o2 sensor....the old one never threw it...

though when i swaped the ecu it was fine....

thats weird...wait for some more responses
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

okay i have two pt6s and one a1 ecu and they both do that. Its cel 41. And my lx ecu is the only one that dose not though the code. I have a a6 intake manifold. I am not looking for the performance I just want the speed limiter gone/raised without a cel.

Comment

I'm confused, or maybe not...so the PT6 doesn't have a govoner? What changes would you have to make to the car to remove the speed limiter entirely?
        2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
        JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
        My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

todd if u need the downpipe for the EX i got one for you. I still have my downpipe with ex header ill sell you and ull be all set! let me know

Comment

ok i went to the junkyard. ask to try a ecu and they let me. so i tried an lx ecu. and guess what no code. then i put my lx back and still no code. then ex goes in and theres the code. next ex goes in and the same code. so im so why would i change the sensor or wiring if i only get codes with certain ecus if i get a vaild code on the ex ecu the same should happen on the lx if they all are interchangable
            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 05-16-2005, 07:33 PM.

Comment

isn't there a difference between the dx/lx O2 sensor vs. the ex O2 sensor ??? the ex being a heated(4 wire) O2 sensor ???
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                isn't there a difference between the dx/lx O2 sensor vs. the ex O2 sensor ??? the ex being a heated(4 wire) O2 sensor ???
                Yes, the DX/LX (both f22a1) had the O2 sensor on the manifold itself. The EX (f22a6) had the O2 sensor on the downpipe by the oil pan/cat. The f22a4 (in 91 EX I believe) I'm not 100% sure about.

I think you're right about the heated O2 sensor on the EX's w/ f22a6.

Dan

Comment

when i had the a6 many moons ago, i had to replace the O2 sensor. went to Honda and that was how i found out that the ex O2 sensor was a heated sensor. what that means, i don't really know but i know for a fact, it cost more, around $150 as opposed to $90.
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

so i guess ill just put the ex one in and have the code o well.

Comment

Working...
                    X