A few F20A observations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few F20A observations...

Ok... I just set my car back up for summer...and I'm happy again...

advanced the ignition timing... so that's where the lowend went...

blocked off the EGR... feels much mo betta...

plugged up the vac hose to the IAB's so they are open all the time... the low rpm tq loss thing is a myth... either that or not all that noticeable to my highly calibrated ass dyno...

and I put the Erick's adjustable FPR back on... and for the hell of it I leaned it out by 2 psi from what the F20A regulator was (down to 39 psi with the hose on) and it's a little more responsive, seems quicker and the popping on upshifts is gone... I'd reccomend it wholeheartedly if you're running a PT2 or P39...and plus it might save a little bit of $2.50/gal gas...

anyone else have any DOHC F tips/tricks/observations they'd like to share?
    RIP Lifsatrip7

hey Zigen, whats ur timing set at now? mines at 14 i believe...

i may try the plug on the IAB's...please share more with me on AIM

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

arent you going with nitrous zigen?

...cause i was wondering why your adv your timing?
      92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

also, the stock plugs on the F20 were the 6F's on the NGKS right? would 7F be a step colder?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq

Comment

I adjust my fpr anywhere near 40 and I start throwing fuel system codes. But then again I am running a pt3, but I just purchased a pt2 yay.
          my ride

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            hey Zigen, whats ur timing set at now? mines at 14 i believe...

i may try the plug on the IAB's...please share more with me on AIM
            Mine's at 18 degrees right now... I'm having to run 91 though otherwise I get a slight ping on hot days and heavy load...

Originally posted by LX Rida
            arent you going with nitrous zigen?

...cause i was wondering why your adv your timing?
            yes i am... not on this motor though... so It's otay...

also, the stock plugs on the F20 were the 6F's on the NGKS right? would 7F be a step colder?
            In both the F20A's I got... There were 6F's in there already so I made the assumption that like the H23A1 that is the stock heat range... 7F's would be a step colder... I think I'm going to try going a step colder myself...

Originally posted by bracersi
            I adjust my fpr anywhere near 40 and I start throwing fuel system codes. But then again I am running a pt3, but I just purchased a pt2 yay.
            I still am getting a pop... just not as often... I think I'm going to try backing it down a psi or 2... just for the hell of it...

and I might have spoken a bit early about the IAB not losing low rpm tq... after driving it a bit more... I have noticed a small tq loss... the car doesn't buck as much on shifts at lower rpms and higher loads... but it does seem to reach higher rpms faster and the midrange does feel alot better...IMO it is a SLIGHT loss... but worth it for the mid and top end gains... which are also SLIGHT but noticeable IMHO...

and almost time for another seafoam cleaning and an oil change... going to full synthetic this time...
            Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 06-03-2005, 09:28 AM.
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Still working on the map for you guys but the modified LS map i made for Alex EX's f20a dohc seems to be just fine...can't wait to fine tune it and have one of you n/a guys take it out for a spin...Zigen...still got that chipped ecu and a chip burner?
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                Zigen...still got that chipped ecu and a chip burner?
                sure do...

and I'm probably going to need to consult with you a bit about a little custom project pretty soon... finally got everything I need minus a wideband... gonna see what can be done with the safc at first but I know it's not going to work out as well as I want...so I'll have to resort to rom tuning...

Carlos knows what I'm talking about...
                Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 06-03-2005, 09:43 AM.
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

w00t! bump for the 2.0ness and the ECU king! Lets see them Wikked plans....

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    sure do...

and I'm probably going to need to consult with you a bit about a little custom project pretty soon... finally got everything I need minus a wideband... gonna see what can be done with the safc at first but I know it's not going to work out as well as I want...so I'll have to resort to rom tuning...

Carlos knows what I'm talking about...
                    I'll be installing the worked up F22a1 SOHC cyl head on the red Accord I have after I get a Skunk2 cam gear and B&M fuel psi regulator for it. I have a Delta 272 regrind and upgraded valvetrain for it.

What's up with the P06 ECU I gave to you to work on Zigen? Haven't heard back from you on it? Did you get it working? I'll be needing it for this...hit me back on this please
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                      Ok... I just set my car back up for summer...and I'm happy again...

advanced the ignition timing... so that's where the lowend went...

blocked off the EGR... feels much mo betta...

plugged up the vac hose to the IAB's so they are open all the time... the low rpm tq loss thing is a myth... either that or not all that noticeable to my highly calibrated ass dyno...

and I put the Erick's adjustable FPR back on... and for the hell of it I leaned it out by 2 psi from what the F20A regulator was (down to 39 psi with the hose on) and it's a little more responsive, seems quicker and the popping on upshifts is gone... I'd reccomend it wholeheartedly if you're running a PT2 or P39...and plus it might save a little bit of $2.50/gal gas...

anyone else have any DOHC F tips/tricks/observations they'd like to share?
                      hey zigen talk me tru that plug up
                      vac hose on the iab wilya as ive havnt got my iab box connect to the ecu to begin with is it really neccessary

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

FYI f20a dohc map tuning has begun. Expect the normal delays.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

whose car?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                            whose car?
                            ditto...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq

Comment

ditto...
                              thats for me to know and you to find out

Comment

Working...
                              X