Dsm 450cc Injectors Good/bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dsm 450cc Injectors Good/bad

I got a problem im running lean on my H23 so i was wondering if i could get away with using the DSM injetors to richin it out? and i also heard that you can burn out the ECU by using these injectors? I got AEM FUEL RAIL and B&M FUEL REGULATOR the fuel pressure is at 45 and its still running lean

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME

too much fuel with the 450cc, how do u know your running lean?? Could be a faulty injector or injectors..

My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordf20a
      too much fuel with the 450cc, how do u know your running lean?? Could be a faulty injector or injectors..
      the reason is cuz my autometer air/fuel guage is telling me that im running lean and the .check engine light is on and its throwing CODE 43 (fuel supply) but when i get on it, it dont go past lean maybe a little in stoich area

Comment

thats actually where u wanna be when ur tuning a all motor engine (absoulutely no forced induction of course)...
        ummm try the injectors (cleaning them) and do u have the original fuel pump cause it might not be getting the right LPH for the motor)...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
          the reason is cuz my autometer air/fuel guage is telling me that im running lean and the .check engine light is on and its throwing CODE 43 (fuel supply) but when i get on it, it dont go past lean maybe a little in stoich area
          check ur o2 sensor as well.. The narowband gauges aren't good.. If you can go wideband (more expensive), if not try EGT (less expensive)..

My Ride

Comment

Check your fuel filter, fuel pump, and injectors. Also, when you add a free flowing intake and exhasut it tends to lean out the air fuel ratio a bit

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
              thats actually where u wanna be when ur tuning a all motor engine (absoulutely no forced induction of course)...
              ummm try the injectors (cleaning them) and do u have the original fuel pump cause it might not be getting the right LPH for the motor)...
              Negative sir, all motor cars should be running a 13.5 a/f ratio at WOT. Since stoich is 14.7:1 it is way too lean. Motors want stoich mixtures under partial throttle and idle conditions when there is little to no load on the engine.

Hopefully i'll get my hands on a h23 motor and be able to create a map for u fellas. Just switching to dsm injectors will make u run entirely too rich. You'd need something to control them like a chipped ecu or safc
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
                im still using the fuel pump, i do have a walbro 255lph pump; havent put it in yet. will that fix my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                  Check your fuel filter, fuel pump, and injectors. Also, when you add a free flowing intake and exhasut it tends to lean out the air fuel ratio a bit
                  Ill change the fuel fliter and see what happens, and also i do have a walbro 255lph pump that i havent put in yet. lets see what happpens when i do the fuel filter

Comment

fushigi is right, check over the system to make sure its clean and up to par before tossing aftermarket parts at it hoping to solve the problem. And lemme guess, when u stomp the throttle you get a hesitation or slight studder?

edit - Oh, and check the color of your plugs.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                      fushigi is right, check over the system to make sure its clean and up to par before tossing aftermarket parts at it hoping to solve the problem. And lemme guess, when u stomp the throttle you get a hesitation or slight studder?

edit - Oh, and check the color of your plugs.
                      NOT AT ALL

Comment

So it doesn't feel any different its just reading differently on the a/f gauge?

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                          So it doesn't feel any different its just reading differently on the a/f gauge?
                          its doesnt feel any different at all, even with 93 octane but i do hear a poping sound from the tail pipe once in a while

Comment

you get the most horsepowr running a little lean. Dont worry about it.

Comment

I was talking to my friend earlier about my problem what i think that we might do is. put in the Walbro fuel pump and up the fuel pressure and see what happens. if that dont work we said try the DSM injectors, but he said to find out if they are the same ohms as the prelude/accord injectors. so heres my 2 questions.
                              1. are the prelude injectors the same "cc"as the accord ones?

2. what "ohms" are the prelude/accord injectors and the DSM injectors?

Comment

Working...
                              X