Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building an F22A4/H23 for a Turbo Setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pistons looked domed so i'm gonna call this an N/A build up maybe??? More info please
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      the pistons looked domed so i'm gonna call this an N/A build up maybe??? More info please
      The pistons are CLEARLY dished, not domed. Look at the side of the piston box and you'll read F22 TURBO. You can see in the side shot that the center of the piston does not stick up above the top like a high compression piston would. Here's some pics of a high compression piston so you can see the difference.

H22 STOCK TYPE S AND HIGH COMPRESSION PISTONS

LOW COMPRESSION DISHED PISTONS

Last edited by Fast420A; 07-12-2005, 08:03 AM.

Comment

i'd only seen the last post of pix...didn't even notice this thread existed weeks ago. But yes i know the difference i just couldn't see it from the last pix's angles. Any specs on the turbo? And what is the compression? 8.0:1-8.2:1?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

The Arias Piston Part number 3320300 is 8.2:1 when using the stock head. The difference in the cc's of the head is 50.5cc on the F22 and 50.0cc on the H23 so that is going to raise compression maybe to 8.3 but it's not going to be much at all so I would still call it an 8.2:1 Compression Ratio F22/H23 Hybrid.

As for turbo specs, the owner can post those if he wants as I don't have the turbo here and I don't know how much of a sleeper he wants this to be.
          Last edited by Fast420A; 07-12-2005, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Looks like it coming along GREAT!!!
            "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
            sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
            Did work for: jhoff_cb7
            Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

damn skippy!! w00t w00t! cant wait to ride in this thing.. or possibly drive it!

edit..

get on aim fast420

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

A Few Pics of the Turbo.

Here's a few more pics for everyones enjoyment.

Comment

I hope those are not ssautochrome parts. Well, the mani looks like it is, please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

The turbo, mani, and wastegate look like ssauto...

Comment

i've been drooling over this project cause i have the same motor, but i want to do a NA build up. Can't wait to find an entire head with mani's on Ebay so i can build up this other motor i have... will me having a f22a1 block matter?
                      WTB:
                      88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                      OR
                      90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

what kind of manifold is that? cuz i have a drag manifold but im looking for a more clean look. will those pistons fit inside a h23 block?

Comment

I really hope now that those items that MRX mentioned are not SSautochrome. Anyhow, I hope everything works out fine. Be careful, I heard too many bad things about ssautochrome.

Comment

Its all SSauto...

His blow off valve

the turbo

the wastegate

I think its safe to say thats where the mani came from too

Comment

Awwww, Damn say it aint so!!!!! My enthusiasm towards this buildup is gone now.

Comment

tellme it isnt so!!!! why are you using blockguard?? why oh why!!

Comment

Working...
                                X