Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building an F22A4/H23 for a Turbo Setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RENR
    tellme it isnt so!!!! why are you using blockguard?? why oh why!!
    explain why a blockgaurd is bad rene...
    I hate thieves!

Comment

makes for poor cooling (like our engine cool well in the first place) and also it only braces the top of the sleeves causing wobble and distortion of the middle and bottom of the sleeves. Fushigi says otherwise tho. He says he uses it in customer setups alot but i haven't heard his side of the arguement other than that fact. Another thing is if its not pressed in correctly and 0 with the deck then there will be problems.

I'm keepin my eye on this block if you know what i mean ...2hrs away
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
        makes for poor cooling (like our engine cool well in the first place) and also it only braces the top of the sleeves causing wobble and distortion of the middle and bottom of the sleeves. Fushigi says otherwise tho. He says he uses it in customer setups alot but i haven't heard his side of the arguement other than that fact. Another thing is if its not pressed in correctly and 0 with the deck then there will be problems.

I'm keepin my eye on this block if you know what i mean ...2hrs away
        i was seriously considering a block guard for my next block...hmmm
        I hate thieves!

Comment

Hmmmmnnn, so resleeving is the only way....

Comment

I'd like to see some info on problems that people have had with ssautochrome parts or is this just some more misinformation that spreads on message boards because they are cheap parts and people think it's too good to be true.

Comment

lets just say the manifold might crack within the first 10 minutes of idling and i've seen the turbo's epoxied together...theres no misconception this is truely one of those you get what you pay for deals. We'll just sit back and watch :takes seat:

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

lets just say the manifold might crack within the first 10 minutes of idling and i've seen the turbo's epoxied together...theres no misconception this is truely one of those you get what you pay for deals. We'll just sit back and watch :takes seat:

who gives a shit?its got a one year warranty.if it breaks before the warranty, he gets a new one.if it breaks after that he gets a better turbo and learns his lesson.
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

The manifold can just be rewelded but the turbo compressor wheel has been known to fall apart and make its way into the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                    who gives a shit?its got a one year warranty.if it breaks before the warranty, he gets a new one.if it breaks after that he gets a better turbo and learns his lesson.
                    they'd have to actually reply to your emails to give you a warranty now wouldn't they...and they don't. Plenty of customer service before you pay, but as soon as you pay...

Comment

they'd have to actually reply to your emails to give you a warranty now wouldn't they...and they don't. Plenty of customer service before you pay, but as soon as you pay...
                      w3rd thats a shady business.

anyhow block guards arent worth it your stock sleeves canhandle plenty of boost. if your serious about a build up just get the sleeves. the blockguards interfere with the cooling at the top of the cylinders where you need it most. they can cause detonation and all of the other things listed above.

Comment

I am not a big fan of block guards either but I am the builder of the engine not the owner and the owner wants it so it's there. Again, no one has shown any actual evidence of these manifolds cracking. Anyone actually SEEN one first hand that cracked or can anyone link to a post on ANY forum where someone had one break?

Comment

Originally posted by Fast420A
                          I am not a big fan of block guards either but I am the builder of the engine not the owner and the owner wants it so it's there. Again, no one has shown any actual evidence of these manifolds cracking. Anyone actually SEEN one first hand that cracked or can anyone link to a post on ANY forum where someone had one break?
                          ok the manifolds are alright but would you really wanna chance it with your turbo...? oh well.
                          I hate thieves!

Comment

epoxied turbo - http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1097918&page=1

turbo falls off manifold taking flange with it - http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1073443
                            ^^^that one is debatable cause he rewelded the flange^^^

Honda Tech thread on the company cause they got tired of ppl asking the same question Fast420a is.

cracked mani - http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1285316
                            cracked mani - http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1281153

quotes from random threads

SkElLyTuRbO
                            "I bought a turbo manifold from them and it cracked in 6 months. The braces fell off and the whole flnage broke off where it attaches to the turbo. There new nick name is SS Auto Crack "

blahhhhhhhh
                            "manifolds are crap.....my buddy had one..it broke on every runner"

No need for my own personal experience. I have the gift of learning from other ppls mistakes

Comment

^^^^Kept me away form SSautoCrap. I saw the epoxied turbo and i realized thats why they are cheap. Its hard to resist being that they are the only ones how make low priced manis for H23s and F22s.

Comment

apparently his products have gotten better tho. It only took a few death threats and lawsuits, but his products have improved. Its just a code of honor to me and its a circle of events. If you sell crap, and i buy it, he then uses my money to buy more material to produce new and improved crap. I'm done...i'll just wait for the block to be up for sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X