ECU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU question

Newbie here and I'm doing an F22b dohc swap. Bought it from a friend of mine with ECU. Did just about all my homework on the motor when I noticed "AT" on the ECU. It is a p39 and I have a manual. My question is can I still use this ECU or will I have to buy a manual one?
    JDM F22B DOHC

you need manual one
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

SHIT,SHIT,SHIT,SHIT,FUCK!!!! I guess i'll pitch it, anyone know where I can get this rare item?
      JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

i dont know for sure but since the motor is a non Vtec im sure u can use a H23 ECU or something similar right??

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

a manual p14 would work. I believe you would have to put in a knock sensor though. Or actually talk to mrx, I believe he has maps for a f22b dohc that you could put on a p06, that would work.
          Last edited by bracersi; 06-30-2005, 02:00 AM.
          my ride

Comment

I found out today that I can use the p39 I have but I'll probably shoot a code 19 all the time.But...there is no code 19, on my list anyway.
            JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Before I went with the 'twotwo' swap...

I did a auto to manual conversion on my F22A6... and I kept my stock AUTO ECU and everything was working just fine, no codes either.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

^^ wierd... And yes, you can use your f22ax ecu, works fine. Actually works pretty good. you can use the p39, p14(knock sensor), or a pt3/pt6 ecu. p39/p14 will give you optimum performance though.
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i have a manual p14 i can sell you shortly i have to use it til i get my p06 chipped and tuned but search ebay in the mean time ive seen a couple p39 lately

Comment

Thanks guys, well I have a p14 automatic ecu also (came off an h23 prelude we bought and took apart for parts) and I also have a P39 N50, this one differs from my P39 for my F22B. Is the P39 N50 from an accord? Then I have my stock P12. So when I swap the motor I'll trial and error it.
                    JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Two more questions and I'm out. Would I be better off buying the manual ecu or converting my auto ecu to manual, and how the hell would I do that anyway? Thanks
                      JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Like said before, mrx could chip a p06 ecu with a map specific to your ap!

WaC!

Comment

I dont think you have to do anything to your ECU to make it work with the M/T. It may or may not throw code 19 ( I think its an A/T solenoid code), but I can let ya know next week when I finish my swap. The engines run the same whether they drive an automatic or manual transmission.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X