F20B Swap into CB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelveSM4
    primo cb7, thanx for the info! btw, what other differences are there between the 200ps and 180ps version? so, if i change to a bigger throttle body and more aggressive cams, the 180ps = close to the 200ps version? hehe...sorry for my noob questions.

acclipse, will it be a big issue about transplanting a OBD2 into a OBD1?
    changing those parts will help bump up the HP on the F20b; but you could easily spend less on a 200hp H22, and use the extra $$$ for upgradeable mods.

from what i know, converting from OBD2---OBD1 requires changing the fuel injectors, distributor, wire harness.. could be more tho.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

hm..yeah, h22a parts are easier to source. however, i intend to stay in the 2000cc range, as fuel prices are goin up...don wanna spend too much on gas. besides, the road tax for 2200cc is way more expensive than 2000cc. in my country.

and btw, if i get the f20b motor, it'll come in a complete half cut. the whole front cut would include the engine, the wirings, the gearbox, etc. will i need more?

Comment

But how would they even know you had 2200cc if you do a swap? Hell you could get a 1.8L EFI Accord and throw the H22 in...how would they know?

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

they would know if im gonna do it legal. in my country, there's a government body that controls matters pertaining to motor vehicles. Every now and then, they have roadblocks with the intent of stopping illegally modified cars (in my country, almost anything is illegal! and can be deemed illegal by the official on the spot! more or less like "Judge Dredd...I AM the Law"...

Therefore, if i want to do a conversion, i will have to go for an inspection at their testing center to test if my car is still road worthy, and whether my car chassis, mountings, suspension, braking system, etc is able to cater to the new engine. major modifications are a Big No-No...unless U have enough of "Grease" and "Connections" to help u out.

The legal rule-of-thumb is a maximum of 20% CC increase from the original spec. usually 200cc's extra is not much of a problem. however, the road tax and insurance fees for a 2200cc car here is very expensive, as compared to a 2000cc. Besides, 2000cc consumes less.

Cheers

Comment

So get the F20B, and put an H22 stroker kit in there for 2400cc The block will still say F20B, and they would never know!

Of course, as "strict" as we here in the US think our regulations are, we have it easy. Hell, my car won't pass emissions inspection with the JDM motor, so I just got an inspection sticker from a Ford Contour from the junkyard. Now my car LOOKS legal from a distance, and that's all I need cops to see! They have no reason to look more closely at my car. I just have to drive carefully so they don't pull me over for something else!

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
              I really don't wan't to do another auto to manual conversion let alone Scott, who actually would be doing most of the work.
              Speak for yourself... I actually enjoy doing the 5 speed conversion process.
              Please don't speak for me ever again or I will slap you with a brick.
              Last edited by 2point6; 08-02-2005, 05:43 PM.

Comment

It is SOOO nice living in the midwest. NO emissions and NO inspections
                "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                  Speak for yourself... I actuall enjoy doing the 5 speed conversion process.

I hope you'll enjoy building a kickass H22 somewhere in the next few years... I've decided that, being the non-mechanic that I am, I'm much better off sending my motor to you to build! Now I just have to find a way to make lotsa money so I can pay for it!

Sorry for the off topic post... carry on!

Comment

acclipse, will it be a big issue about transplanting a OBD2 into a OBD1?
                    Wiring tends to be a hassle in some swaps. Since you have the front cut, maybe you can have a OBD2 CB7...Or you can step it down to OBD1. You will need injectors (maybe the f22s can work),rewire the harness and a P13 computer. I cant think of anything else at this time.

Comment

nice hack

Originally posted by deevergote
                      So get the F20B, and put an H22 stroker kit in there for 2400cc The block will still say F20B, and they would never know!

Of course, as "strict" as we here in the US think our regulations are, we have it easy. Hell, my car won't pass emissions inspection with the JDM motor, so I just got an inspection sticker from a Ford Contour from the junkyard. Now my car LOOKS legal from a distance, and that's all I need cops to see! They have no reason to look more closely at my car. I just have to drive carefully so they don't pull me over for something else!
                      nice hack!!!! at a local college they handout tickets if you dont have a parking sticker...so i just take the tickets from some other car..and put them in my windshield so they think they already got me on a ticket.......

Comment

deevergote, yeah! if u put in the stroker kit...no one will know. like last time a fren of my buddy had a mini which is running on a 1000cc engine, but the stroker kit of a 1300cc. no one knows...haha.
                        however, my fuel consumption is gonna tell me alot. hehe.

acclipse, i think i'll try the OBD2. hopefully not much hassle. anyway, have yet to see the engine.

cheers

Comment

acclipse, i think i'll try the OBD2. hopefully not much hassle. anyway, have yet to see the engine.

cheers
                          Guys i think we are going to see history in the making. An OBD2 CB7!!! Good luck man!!!!

Comment

haha...i dun know whether to be proud or worried...the first OBD2 CB7. hehehe /

btw, this f20b dohc vtec engine has been transplanted into SV4's before...(the version after CB's), and it is successful. those 94-97 accords are OBD1/2?

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                              Speak for yourself... I actually enjoy doing the 5 speed conversion process.
                              okay....I meant I didn't feel like helping do the auto to manual conversion....I think I was high or something when I said this....lmfao.....I know you enjoy working on all sorts of things (except my car).......but slap me with a brick....come on man, even i'm more creative than that! maybe I'll have to get some dry ice and some bottles.....lol j/k
                              1991 Honda Accord Ex
                              Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Yesssssssssss!!!!!!

The F20B Swap is finally complete! Ahhhhh I feel like freakin partying! The other day when it started up, i had the best feeling come over me! Now all my friend and I have to do is get some shift cylanoids for the auto tranny and hopefully it'll be good to go! I'll get pics up tomorrow or something!
                                1991 Honda Accord Ex
                                Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                                Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
                                X