F20B Swap into CB3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kelveSM4
    hehe...if only i could exchange the tiptronic version with u...hehehe.

hm, running too rich eh? then its better than i thought. my thoughts were that the previous owner might have abused it...anyway, i'll upload some pics up here...tell me what u think.

cheers dude
    For sure man pics are great! I'll have to break out the manual and compare pics, to maybe see what the problem is!

Take it easy man!
    1991 Honda Accord Ex
    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Carbonized Spark Plug...

Overall Engine View

Engine Oil Dipstick View...and a leak on the cover in the background...

A little leak there too...

Comment

Hmmm...the engine looks pretty clean, the plug was definately run on the rich side...no doubt, as far as the leak goes on the valve cover, it appears to either be a cam seal(can't remember if they're on that side) or a valve cover gasket. I can't really see the leak on the 4th pic, and the oil looks clean, yet over filled, not too badly though. It would be nice to know how many miles/kilometers are on the motor....
        1991 Honda Accord Ex
        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

hehe, actually, i have loads of pics of it, even some clips on the engine starting process. but it'll be a 56k killer!

Comment

Originally posted by kelveSM4
            hehe, actually, i have loads of pics of it, even some clips on the engine starting process. but it'll be a 56k killer!
            I have high speed internet....how did it run?
            1991 Honda Accord Ex
            Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
            Totoro Squad #2

Comment

here are some of the other pics...cnt upload all tho.

im running on 56k, unfortunately. but i got this all uploaded initially at photobucket.

about the engine starting process, it was kinda reluctant to start at first, but found out it was the battery that was weak. after a few batteries they tried from the scrap yard, then it started. sounded alrite, after warming up, was pretty smooth. however, one of the front disc was jammed, while the other was moving. if im not mistaken, it was the right side that got stuck. it was in neutral, but still moving. perhaps the tiptronic box works that way. in the right front disc, there's some tar stuffed in between the vented grooves. i dunno if that could be the cause of it...perhaps more tar is in the caliper.
              radiator looks fine tho.
              btw, if it is the cam seals or valve cover gaskets that leak, will a top overhaul solve it? will it cost a bomb?

check it out...

Comment

Last edited by kelveSM4; 07-21-2005, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Looks to have been taken care of......the leak looks like its coming from the valve cover gasket not expensive at all.........
                  1991 Honda Accord Ex
                  Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                  Totoro Squad #2

Comment

u think so? thanx dude for yr comments...this site is great man. keep up the good work! i'll try to keep u al updated if i go ahead with the conversion! thanx!

btw, if i keep my current gearbox, means i'll be keeping my drive shafts? then what if i want to change to the cf4 disc brakes? will the rear disc brakes be able to replace my rear drums?

thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                      or 3500 from me
                      Is it the F20B that you have, Jason?

edit: Bleh, I didn't realize when I read this that you were referring to my $4500 Euro R comment
                      Last edited by deevergote; 07-29-2005, 09:52 AM.

Comment

AIYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE nice engine man, best of luck.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

hey guys! i found another f20b dohc vtec halfcut that just arrived...mileage below 80k kms. tiptronic also. its an accident cut, but front portion looks ok. i'll try to get more pics of it online. i'll try to check out the real stuff and update u guys. cheers

Comment

nice find , but seeing its the auto-tranny F20b, that motor only has 180hp coz of a smaller throttle body, and less aggressive cams.
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Rare engine... . I like but i wouldnt go with that over the H22. And for 3500 you are almost in type-s territory. Anyhow, its a cool swap, i really want to see how this turns out. What are you going to do about the OBD2 engine in the OBD1 car?

Comment

primo cb7, thanx for the info! btw, what other differences are there between the 200ps and 180ps version? so, if i change to a bigger throttle body and more aggressive cams, the 180ps = close to the 200ps version? hehe...sorry for my noob questions.

acclipse, will it be a big issue about transplanting a OBD2 into a OBD1?

Comment

Working...
                                X