F22b DOHC SWAP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b DOHC SWAP!!!

im starting today and iahve band camp so it will slowly progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i have a few questions as to what im doing lol but first heres some pics

I have the p39 ecu meaning i dont have to have to do the knock sensor thing right?

also the distributer. i have a 92 accord however it has a 93 engine. I guess im going to see if everything fits and if it doesnt ill go from their. oh yeah an i need a prelude downpipe right?
    Last edited by Turbo Dave; 07-31-2005, 02:18 PM.
    ]

Good luck bro!

Just wondering....has that motor been sitting outside? It looks like it has a layer of "morning dew" all over it! lol! I'd just test it real well before installing it to make sure you won't have any issues when it goes in.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

yeah its been out for a while, im going to spray it down with wd 40 and clean it up a bit get all the stuff off of it lol it got rained on today
      ]

Comment

Hopefully EVERY opening has been plugged up while it's been outside. Just curious...how long has it been out there? I'd be worried about light surface rust inside the cylinders, on the valves, and on the piston rings. Might cause some compression issues. Just check it out thoroughly. Pull the plugs and shine a light in there to look for any rust or anything. Then manually turn the crank to loosen her up a bit. Then do a comp test. Hope it all works fine

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Are you installing any new parts on the engine before you drop it in? Are you keep all accessories like PS and AC?
          Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
          *RIP*
          1993 Accord EX Coupe
          1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
          1993 Accord EX Coupe
          Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
          JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
          I love it when VTEC kicks in!
          vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

Good luck with the swap, I will be doing mine later in the year..
            1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

no im just pretty much keeping it stock however i might be getting new headers because i still have to find a prelude downpipe. i think i might keep ac and def power steering. its been sitting like a week and a half under a box though, its been all plugged up like that too. im using the p39 ecu also
              ]

Comment

Are you performing any maintance upgrades before you drop it in?

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                  Are you performing any maintance upgrades before you drop it in?
                  Good point.....now will be a good time to change the timing belt/waterpump, all seals, and maybe a clutch, to be extra sure she'll be fine.
                  1991 Honda Accord Ex
                  Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                  Totoro Squad #2

Comment

i hope he does what mark said, that engine looks horrible! omg!
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

good luck with motor man. I just did mine like 2 weeks ago. I'm running the stock ECU for now until I get a P14 and a knock sensor. So far no problems
                      JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

haha, band camp's great, i remember those days, (damn, it was just last summer.lol)

but yea, make sure that baby has new oem parts before it goes in, it looks bad in the pics, hope its not that bad on the inside.

keep us updated man, peace.

btw, what do u play?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

eek yeah im gonna take that thing apart new gaskets all around and belts and everything. yeah i play trombone lol
                          ]

Comment

yea and this one time at band camp....

Sorry had to be said....
                            . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                            WiredMotorSports
                            [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

bump...i updated at the top.
                              ]

Comment

Working...