No announcement yet.

In need of ideas.....help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, you're not fat at all. It's just that our hoods are made from a paper maché that somehow resembles metal. Even if you look at the hood for too long it will start to dent.

Comment

damn haha
      I need a new hood really really bad...I should check out the junkyards, lol

:.*Gertrude*.:

Comment

Well, I would definitely recommend doing the H22 swap! I did mine a few months ago and I LOVE it! A wealth of power on tap makes passing on those 2 lane roads a breeze. And weaving in and out of freeway traffic is fun too... hehe

Mine is definitely a sleeper. No one expects it.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

yea that sounds awesome
          aren't the H22s around 200hp?

Comment

^190ish
            make money and die.....thats the american way.

Comment

Whats up there.....anyways an h22a is going to be the best motor for the amount of money you have, If you plan on keeping it auto, all you really need is the Engine, Wire harness, ECU, and the bolt-ons that come stock with the engine. (distributor, header, intake mani, throttle body, etc)....this setup will usually cost you around $1200 approximately, and most of the time the labor for the swap costs between $500-$1500 depending on where you go. Since your car isn't vtec, there are some things that need to be changed on the wire harness that you will be using....a couple of connectors will need to be extended, and so on....the stock exhaust will not bolt up to the H22, so you will have to have something welded up to make it work. While the engine is out, you NEED to change timing belt, waterpump, all seals/gaskets, and while it's out, do yourself a favor and do an auto to manual tensioner conversion, because sometimes the auto tensioner will fail and cause the timing belt to fly off, and sometimes the engine will never run again. (the tensioner is what keeps your timing belt tight). And I usually change out spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, and mounts, just to be safe. After all is said and done, in your case, to have a perfect running car, you will probably spend between $2500-$3000....I hope this was some help to you! PM me if you have any questions!
              1991 Honda Accord Ex
              Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

hmm hasnt this already been covered like many many times?
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                  hmm hasnt this already been covered like many many times?
                  Such a smartass...and yet so right... Phat' is the F-ing MASTA'!!

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808
                    Body work first, then suspension, then power. Nice pic. Do you have a huge dent in the middle of your hood now?
                    damn erik, you pimp...
                    i made some joke/compliment, and i got my head chewed off... ohwell

btw, if you do get a h22 im assuming itll be jdm, so it is 200hp(at the crank that is). youll end up having 160-170 to the wheel.

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                    Right click save as...
                    lololol, nice... my thoughts exactly. i wish there was a dent in my hood

Comment

yeah too bad im runnin 344 not even tuned right now im runnin 380 and im goin for another tune by another person whos better than the last being that not my shits backfiring.

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                        Such a smartass...and yet so right... Phat' is the F-ing MASTA'!!

its so true, just cause shes a girl we have to be sentemental, shit you guys totally rip on n00bs for that type of shit..

i rip on them too cause its fun.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          its so true, just cause shes a girl we have to be sentemental, shit you guys totally rip on n00bs for that type of shit..

i rip on them too cause its fun.
                          damn right... im all about equal opportunity. going easy on her cause shes a girl would be sexist.

Comment

uhhh... think you all need to chill, haha
                            Don't go "easy" on me or anything...but don't be a jerk either, theres just no reason. Thats all I ask.
                            Alright, so I'll take the hint that the H22 IS best .. I just need more paychecks
                            Working on the body should be fun too

Comment

i would suggest a tranny conversion as well. that will free up more power. a h22 auto is better than stock, but still slow.

Comment

I say go for the gold...get the JDM h22a w/5spd tranny...total converstion is about $2500 after shipping and that's with parts you'll need like CV shaft and other things...

Good luck with your work.
                                2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                                JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                                My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
                                X