OBD II conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD II conversion

Ok so I was sitting around and thinking to myself. I remember reading about some guys car on cardomain about a year ago.

He was building up his Cb7 as a show car and doing a swap at the same time. And it in he mentioned he was changing over to OBD II.

What sparked my question was , I read another member is thinking about swapping a 98 engine in his cb7 but at the same time I just noticed that no one here ever made or mentioned how to change over to OBD II from OBD I standards.

Anyone know how you would be able to do it? And if so how much of a pain in the ass is it?
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

possibly a conversion harness?

ive heard of a skunk2 conversion harness that allows an OBD1 motor to be swapped into an OBD2 automobile.

here is something i googled: http://www.boomslang.us/obd1to2.htm
    Last edited by k-mart; 08-18-2005, 02:21 PM.

Comment

wow only 124?

That is cheap.

Hello Euro Type R swap
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
        possibly a conversion harness?

ive heard of a skunk2 conversion harness that allows an OBD1 motor to be swapped into an OBD2 automobile.

here is something i googled: http://www.boomslang.us/obd1to2.htm
        ijust got off the phone with this guy it happens to be right down the road from me and he said that 90-91 accords are obd 0 and changing over to obd 2 would be a huge pain in the a$$ as far as wireing goes so it looks like i might not be doing that swap after all.

Comment

Originally posted by daddyjohnlopez
          ijust got off the phone with this guy it happens to be right down the road from me and he said that 90-91 accords are obd 0 and changing over to obd 2 would be a huge pain in the a$$ as far as wireing goes so it looks like i might not be doing that swap after all.
          Huh? ODB-0??

Far as I know..
          90-95 Accord ODB-I
          96-newer Accord ODB-II
          1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
          2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
          3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
          4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
          5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
            Huh? ODB-0??

Far as I know..
            90-95 Accord ODB-I
            96-newer Accord ODB-II

OBD0 is reserved for those EF civics and 1st gen integras.

Comment

yea, the guy on the phone was wrong all 4th gens are obd1. As far as converting to obd2 I have no clue why you would do that. I had a 00 euro-r in my car and just basically converted the engine to obd1 simply by changing the distributor and a couple of other little differences.
              HSHO #3

Comment

well thats odd cause i heard that 90 accords are also OBD 0.. just never had a chance to check it out.. but yea i was going to suggest boomslang.. and theres another company... lemme find the link

its gonna be awhile.. grab a snickers!

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                  yea, the guy on the phone was wrong all 4th gens are obd1. As far as converting to obd2 I have no clue why you would do that. I had a 00 euro-r in my car and just basically converted the engine to obd1 simply by changing the distributor and a couple of other little differences.

1990 Accords are obd-0
                  FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                    1990 Accords are obd-0
                    90 Accords ARE NOT OBD0......all 90-93 Accords are OBD1.....as far as installing an obd2 engine...it kinda sucks but its not that bad....all you have to do is use the obd1 wire harness, dizzy, injectors, and a couple of other things that aren't coming to mind at the moment, but my friend and I managed to install an F20B with a euro R intake manifold in a 92 Accord, the only thing we couldn't figure out was how to use the OBD2 ECU....so we resorted to a P13 (H22A) ecu...and he was just going to have the rev limit bumped to 8200rpm's....but the fact of the matter is, all...I repeat...all 90-93 accords are obd 1....and any honda motor swap is possable if you have enough time and patitence...
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
                      90 Accords ARE NOT OBD0......all 90-93 Accords are OBD1.....as far as installing an obd2 engine...it kinda sucks but its not that bad....all you have to do is use the obd1 wire harness, dizzy, injectors, and a couple of other things that aren't coming to mind at the moment, but my friend and I managed to install an F20B with a euro R intake manifold in a 92 Accord, the only thing we couldn't figure out was how to use the OBD2 ECU....so we resorted to a P13 (H22A) ecu...and he was just going to have the rev limit bumped to 8200rpm's....but the fact of the matter is, all...I repeat...all 90-93 accords are obd 1....and any honda motor swap is possable if you have enough time and patitence...
                      People for the record 90-93 Accords are OBD-1. Not OBD0 but OBD1. Its says so in the haynes manuals. As for An OBD2 engine in an OBD1 chassis, its a pretty easy installation.

Comment

this is for future reference.....thanks man!
                        1991 Honda Accord Ex
                        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
                        X