auto to 5 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto to 5 speed swap

i got a 91 accord lx and its automatic and i want to swap it to a 5 speed. Does anybody know what parts I need to get? and if you have the parts and plan to sell it how much? ? ?
    SEDAN member 002

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=588

*Vote for thread Closed*

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
      2nded lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

thanks. do you guyz happen to know how much I'll end up spending? any estimate???
        SEDAN member 002

Comment

around a grand. give or take a little. i am at 1100 in parts but includes shipping from ebay. i lack the entire clutch line, master cylinder, a new front & rear engine mount and all the bolts. I might skip getting a new rear mount though. shop at the junk yard as much as you can. i got my dampner, clutch line, pedals assemblies, clutch fluid container, and shifter w/lines from a local junkyard all for 25 bucks, but they had a sell. i got my stock flywheel for 10 bucks at a junkyard online and a starter for 15.50 at a online junkyard but had to pay like 20 bucks each to have them shipped. the tranny,jdm p72, and a new clutch were my highest cost items. they were just under 800 bucks including shipping. hope this helps a little.
          91 Ex CB9
          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
          Weight Reductions
          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

thanks
            SEDAN member 002

Comment

why dont people search anymore

Comment

man, i came to this thread thinking someone had completed a 5 spd swap.
                furthermore, i was let down, so spank my ass and call me a bitch.

as for pricing, theres other places to search rather than here. junk yards CAN be a life saver, i picked up everything from this guy amado or armando?(who the hell cares right) for 250...... american. just needed new syncros.
                im a little from time to time.
                what tedious question?

Comment

5 spd swaps are relatively sometimes pricy, because not everything can always be found easily or at all junkyards. It make take sometime to find all the parts, but hang in there, its worth the swap. Check out cb7's forsale threads, because i believe that some people are selling some of the parts needed for a 5 spd swap.

Also, only one person needs to say or give the searched thread to the newbie. Useless comments such as why dont people search and what not arent needed, just a simple answer to the question, and then a mod will close the thread. No need for a bunch of tuners to get their panties in a bunch.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by aznaccord
                    thanks. do you guyz happen to know how much I'll end up spending? any estimate???
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27944

Comment

thanks...been really helpful.
                      SEDAN member 002

Comment

wont cost u a grand...well it may..find deals..onoly thing that should be a pain on the wallet...is the clutch..pressure plate and tranny...everything else..just find deals for it

Comment

I just bought a cb7 from the junkyard for $175 the tranny had only 72k on it and came with clutch pedal, flywheel, master cyl., slave cyl., well the whole car was fine. i just had to but a new clutch, gear oil and brake fluid so a grand total of $380. Pretty good
                          My CB For Sale

Comment

jtek24..damn that is a pretty good deal man
                            SEDAN member 002

Comment

I think I wound up spending around $1K. The tranny was $250, I think paid around $125 for all the shifter parts, pedal, and most of the clutch system parts except the actual clutch and throwout bearing. It's all the other crap thats relatively small in price that really adds up. I'll look in Quicken and see exactly what i spent, but i think it was fairly close to 1K.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X