AWD Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWD Accord?

Originally posted by fizzbob7(rickyduckworth)

JDM H23A DOHC VTEC---6th generation accord wagon and SiR

2258cc
    JDM H23A DOHC VTEC (black valve cover) and h23a engine code
    200hp/6800rpm
    161tq/5300rpm
    7200rpm redline
    10.6 compression ratios
    87.0mm bore x 95.0mm stroke
    open deck and 2wd or 4wd setups depending on the trim level
    LSD optional depending on drivetrain configuration

This is probably the rarest of all the available options and most don't even know it exists. It was made available in 99 when honda of japan decided to quit importing wagon models to the states due to the lack of interest, not to mention that 2/3 of all wagon sales were in japan. The wagon was available in 2wd and 4wd configurations. The 4 door sedan had this engine available in SiR trim. All h23a's also benefitted from a vtec setup which allowed one set of lobes to operate at low rpm for improved gas mileage while swapping to a normal mode during hard driving to provide power. The sedan was available only in 2wd setups with or without LSD, but these trannies are interchangeable as are most h and f series.

PROS: available 4wd drivetrain if you can find it and adapt it, powerful, unique, and uses the vtec II to improve gas mileage.

CONS: more expensive ($3500-$4000), OBD II, harder to obtain, but should be more available in the future since these engines were only released in 1999 in limited numbers.

I found this post, and I was woundering if it was really possible to make a awd accord. has anyone ever tried it???

(BTW, I searched and couldnt find anything on this forum.)
    1990 White Accord
    5 speed, mostly stock, 136K

It IS possible, if you get all the AWD wagon parts and adapt them to fit the CB7. I think it was only automatic though. If you manage to do it, I would think it wouldn't be up to handling too much power. Putting a boosted H22 under the hood of an AWD cb7 wouldn't make it an EVO... It's probably break something very quickly.

I had the thought of using Galant VR4 parts, if you can find them. The car is similar in size, so the hardest part would probably be mounting everything correctly, and modifying the floor for the driveshaft. Needless to say, it will NOT be cheap by any means!

Comment

i believe that i head of something like this before. in Gran Turismo they had the AWD accord wagon.

Comment

Yeah, if you read the first post, you'll see the details on that car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Yeah, if you read the first post, you'll see the details on that car.
          yeah i know i was just saying

Comment

It's cool. I was just pointing out that we know there's a 4wd wagon. It's the basis for this thread.

Comment

Honestly deev, I would rather have the VR4 than a AWD CB . . . the VR4 is just sooo much more rare, I could imagine ripping it apart . .. unless it was totalled that is
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                I had the thought of using Galant VR4 parts, if you can find them. The car is similar in size, so the hardest part would probably be mounting everything correctly, and modifying the floor for the driveshaft. Needless to say, it will NOT be cheap by any means!
                i think mounting everything correctly would be easier than actually finding a galant VR4

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

if u dont want the engine

<<<< i have a 6 gen accord sedan <<<<

i might wanna look into that.

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Torneos too

There are Torneos too that came AWD. Torneos are Accords with a different face and rear. Japan didn't get the CF bodies we have here "98-02" but instead got these sexier bodystyles. The chassis for this accord is CF4 and their is a "Euro-R" version which has it's own chassis code of CL1.

http://auto.optima.ua/images/img/27072.jpg
                    http://auto.optima.ua/images/img/27071.jpg

I've seen both in person the wagon and torneos while I was in japan and the bodies make me drool. Funny surprise I got was at Yokota AFB, alot of MP were driving CF SiR Accords! I bet that would be fun as hell chassing after criminals hittin mad v-tec....unless they got a skyline.

One thing I still don't get is why was it Honda Tuning? or whatever magazine decided to try to create a AWD setup integra when they could've tried to source a real AWD DC2 integra in japan or at least try to copy the way the it was built. But yeah like what deev said, it won't handle that much power. These AWD hondas were built for more safety in mind than power.

All the factory AWD hondas came with a crap motor, the Integra came with a 120hp motor...the torneo/accords came with a F series 1.8 liter sohc v-tec if I remember right, had somewhere around 150hp? (who said a 1.8 couldn't pull a even heavier accord? custom b-series anyone? j/k =P)

But honestly, if the AWD configured Hondas were as strong as Subarus, wouldn't u think Spoon or Mugen would've created a mad motor and threw it in one of these awd bodies to compete with the STI's and EVOs??? There must be something about the AWD configuration that makes it not worth adapting a even better badass motor to it.....but hey anything is possible if u want to do the research and have $$$ to burn.
                    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Want AWD fun?

Waaay back in the day in a turbo magazine someone dropped a B-series v-tec block into a oldschool Honda CRV..... different YES but I wonder if a H22 would fit? MmMmm crv with a 2.2 liter v-tec.
                      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

well, i did some research on google. it seems the awd system actually is a 80/20 split, and only came in a automatic version. oh well. cant handel much power either as u guys stated.
                        1990 White Accord
                        5 speed, mostly stock, 136K

Comment

If you're too lazy to do the research on the swap, you're too lazy to do the swap. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                            Waaay back in the day in a turbo magazine someone dropped a B-series v-tec block into a oldschool Honda CRV..... different YES but I wonder if a H22 would fit? MmMmm crv with a 2.2 liter v-tec.
                            ppsssh couple weeks back i did an oil change on a newer crv how about 2.4 iV-tec?! lol k24 baby gotta love it =P~~
                            Last edited by Cb_JoeyG; 02-09-2008, 10:56 PM.

8 Accords so far:
                            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

wouldnt be cheaper just to import a awd wagon from japan?

Comment

Working...
                              X