X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 vs F22b w/ Turbo

Wuz up young bulls?!

ok just kidding. Im just about ready to order my motor. I've been debating for 2 weeks now. My friends, they dont beleive me no more, they think Im just BS'in about the swap.

Anyways, Im 95% sure I wanna go with an H22. I was driving home from skool today and I was thinking, What If I got a F22b (which is wayyy wayy wayy cheaper than the H22) with a turbo?

Im working on a $3,000 budget. Let me know what you guys think.

H22 or F22b with a turbo.

(I figure that the turbo will cost me around like $1200-$1600)

Thanks!,
    -Lam

stick with the H22 since you are "99% sure". dont compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
      stick with the H22 since you are "99% sure". dont compromise.

Im at 98% sure now lol. I just dont want to blow all of this hard earned money and then regret it (I know I wont regret an H22 lol).

I just wanna see ALL of the Alternative routes before I place the order.

April 1st is D day for me...

Thanks again,
      -Lam

Comment

h22, add the turbo later

Comment

well, since you're 98% sure, then go with the H22. Normally I'd say go with the f22b, but you seem to be leaning more to the h22 side. Also, judging by what you wrote, I take it you don't know much about FI. You can get a kit for less than 1200, and be way faster than an h22. be it a dsm kit of any other custom kit.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
            Im at 98% sure now lol. I just dont want to blow all of this hard earned money and then regret it (I know I wont regret an H22 lol).

I just wanna see ALL of the Alternative routes before I place the order.

April 1st is D day for me...

Thanks again,
            -Lam
            if you dont want to blow your money, dont put it into a car. its not an investment tool. its only going to depreciate and you will never get out what you put in.

if you want to see ALL of the alternatives, READ READ READ. plenty of literature on this site. dont be lazy, its all in your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by empera
              h22, add the turbo later

Im 19yrs old...I have a girlfriend, and I dont want to live in my car...lol

$3000 budget and thats all...lol...Thanks for the suggestion tho haha

-Lam

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                if you dont want to blow your money, dont put it into a car. its not an investment tool. its only going to depreciate and you will never get out what you put in.

if you want to see ALL of the alternatives, READ READ READ. plenty of literature on this site. dont be lazy, its all in your hands.

I've been reading alot...Thats why Im %98 sure that Im going with an H22. the F22b will only give me like a gain of 5hp from what I already have. It is also wayyy cheaper than the H22. Im also converting from Auto the Manual. Trust me, I've been doing my homework lol. Its just that its alot of money to me and I just want to be 100% sure before I spend all my $.

Thanks,
                -Lam

Comment

Dude, you will not be dissapointed with the H22, be sure to get the JDM H22A, not a USDM one. The USDM ones usually have a lot more mileage, and the JDM's are rated at 10hp more. Believe me compared to your stock motor, once you feel the VTEC pull, you'll be beggin for more. Peace.

Comment

Only the hundredth time this question was asked.

Comment

Doesn't this belong in the n00b forum? Put the training wheels back on, junior.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=H22+F22+turbo

You may notice that some of those threads are closed. That is due to the redundancy of this topic.

Comment

ok ok ok

lets put it this way. get an H22. put some cams and other internal stuff in it and u should b fine 4 now. if not, turbo the F22 and rebuild the motor.

if i hav 2 ill go bak 2 a guy up here dat is makin over 400hp on a h22 swap wit turbo. he should b dustin the 350z's, and other base line stuff.

but if u turbo ur f22 ull be runnin along wit them. not beatin then. unless u rebuild ur motor. lol.

butsince u want the h22 more, get it and wit the extra money buy cams, cam gears, pullyes, and build up da bottom end of it. without the turbo u should be runnin like i say 220-250whp? correct me if im wrong professionals. im just a intermidate a this. lol

Comment

Originally posted by LawdoG247
                            Dude, you will not be dissapointed with the H22, be sure to get the JDM H22A, not a USDM one. The USDM ones usually have a lot more mileage, and the JDM's are rated at 10hp more. Believe me compared to your stock motor, once you feel the VTEC pull, you'll be beggin for more. Peace.
                            USDM H22's are rated at 190 BHP

JDM H22's are rated at 200 PS

Since 1 PS = .98 BHP, if we do the math, we see that 200PS actually equals 195 BHP, or a 5 HP difference.

Also, I am not sure what F22 you have, but the F22B is rated at 160PS, which works out to about 157 HP or 32 HP more than an F22A1, 27 more than an F22A4, 17 HP more than an F22A6. That is a pretty decent increase over any of the USDM F22Ax series.

The main advantage to the JDM H22 is the mileage, like previously mentioned, and the .6 bump in compression ratio, which will come in handy if you mod the engine, and also seems to make them slightly more responsive to mods, and just in general driving.

I would also highly recommend getting the M2B4 LSD tranny included. It should only raise the total cost a couple hundred dollars, and is the cheapest way to acquire an LSD tranny.

The reason these threads usually get closed, is because we can't decide what you want to do for you. The boost guys are usually pretty hardcore boost and the NA guys are usually pretty hardcore NA. If it is done right, either route can lead to endless smiles, speeding tickets, and reliability.

In general, the H22 will be easier to acheive everyday reliablility on over a boosted F22, because Honda already did all the work for you. If you just bolt it in and leave it alone it will run forever. Also, while maybe not as fast as a boosted F, it will still have plenty of ability to get you arrested.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              In general, the H22 will be easier to acheive everyday reliablility on over a boosted F22, because Honda already did all the work for you. If you just bolt it in and leave it alone it will run forever. Also, while maybe not as fast as a boosted F, it will still have plenty of ability to get you arrested.
                              oh no you didn't. wait till MRX reads that.

And since I like boost, my vote is f22b + boost = h22(NA) ownage

And like the h22, you can upgrade cams and head work and turbos and continue gaining more and more hp/tq
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X