TCU compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU compatible

I've acquired an H22A4 last year. I do plan on converting it from auto to manual but I was wondering what TCU are compatible with the swap. Anything would help at this point

I think it depends on which trans you plan to run. If you’re using the stock accord trans, you’d use the stock tcu. If you’re using the h22a4 trans you’d probably need to use that tcu, which would require some amount of wiring I suspect.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      I think it depends on which trans you plan to run. If you’re using the stock accord trans, you’d use the stock tcu. If you’re using the h22a4 trans you’d probably need to use that tcu, which would require some amount of wiring I suspect.
      Incorrect lol.
      You may have read this a little too fast haha.
      Manuals do not run a TCU.

I've acquired an H22A4 last year. I do plan on converting it from auto to manual but I was wondering what TCU are compatible with the swap. Anything would help at this point
      To the OP, you do not run a TCU when you convert to manual transmission.
      The TCU is just to control the "automatic" transmission.
      Once you have gone to 5 speed, you just need to pair an ECU to the engine (VTEC, Knock sensor and if required, VTEC oil pressure sensor)

MRT

Comment

• MY3Gz_973
        MY3Gz_973 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok. I gotcha....one of my bro's is willing to give me his old trans from an Accord swap he had in the past. I was just thinking whether it's auto or manny you still need a tcu for everything to still run correctly. Thanks for the help

• daovangphotos
        daovangphotos commented
        Editing a comment
        If he gives you an AUTO transmission, typically, any F series auto TCU will work.
        Only small issue is, if the shift lock solenoid doesn't work, you'd have to bypass it to shift out of park, or stick the key into the shift lock port.

If it is a 5 speed transmission, there is no longer a need for a TCU.

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post

Incorrect lol.
      You may have read this a little too fast haha.
      Manuals do not run a TCU.

To the OP, you do not run a TCU when you convert to manual transmission.
      The TCU is just to control the "automatic" transmission.
      Once you have gone to 5 speed, you just need to pair an ECU to the engine (VTEC, Knock sensor and if required, VTEC oil pressure sensor)
      Ha. I did. But I also assumed he would be running the auto trans until he had all of the parts for the manual swap, which is odd in retrospect.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post

Ha. I did. But I also assumed he would be running the auto trans until he had all of the parts for the manual swap, which is odd in retrospect.
        You are also correct there too.
        It is harder to speculate exactly what OP intentions were as he did say "plan" to manual swap.

Sorry, carry on lol.

MRT

Comment

• MY3Gz_973
          MY3Gz_973 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's all good. I am currently running a F23A single cam on my stock auto trans which is hanging in there. Being that my CB7 is my daily driver at the moment I really don't have the time or resources to check it out. So I just do what I can to keep it going. Once again thanks for all the input everyone has given me.
      Working...
      X