Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a4 Swap, No Fuel or Spark, Harness grounds question

Hi all!

I have my swap in my car finally, it's an h22a4 into a 92 lx coupe. I have swapped over to obd1 fuel injectors, distributor, and ECU.

The Engine cranks over but wont start, wont even cough, I pulled a spark plug lead and have no spark, I pulled the fuel line and I have no fuel pressure.

I was reading through the service manuals for 4th and 5th gen preludes as well as my accord, I see that for the preludes there is an engine harness ground on the thermostat housing under the distributor near the back of the engine on the side, there is also a much larger ground on the transmission underneath the starter.

For the accord there is a engine ground on the thermostat which is closer to the front of the engine on the side, on my second accord (also a 92 lx coupe) I see the ground runs from the thermostat to the battery not to the engine harness but idk if that's correct since the previous owner fancied himself a home electrician and monkeyed with a lot of the wiring.

I looked at the accord harness I have on the H22 and I cant find a ground wire that would go to the thermostat but I might have missed it.

Is the accord harness supposed to have a ground wire attached to the thermostat on the H22?

Are there any other grounds I could have missed that could be causing my issue? I have the transmission grounded to the battery underneath the starter and I have the PS bracket and Valve cover grounded to the left side of the engine bay above the engine mount.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any other ideas as to why I have no fuel or spark, I checked all my fuses, (currently using the ignition coil that came with my h22a4, should I be using my accord's?)

Ok NVM, I found the ground and the engine fired up, then revved itself to like 6500 rpm so I shut it off again

Comment

Well you're making progress

Comment

I got it to start, the surge was the throttle cable being too tight so I loosened it, now when I start it it runs rough for like 10 seconds, then it runs amazingly well for like 30 seconds, then stalls. Should I make a new thread if I need help with that? i'm not sure what could be making it stall, maybe I need to adjust something with the idle?

Comment

Naa.we good in here. So... fuel pressure dropping off? Battery voltage? Fuel filter? Bad gas¿ clogged tailpipe? Check engine light?

It does run though !.

Comment

It runs!!! lol, i'm pretty happy since I bought it without seeing it run. I thought it might be fuel pressure but im not sure, It's straight piped right now so it isnt that, I got 4 check engine lights I just checked. 5, 10, 22, 41, which I believe are MAP sensor, IAT sensor, vtec solonoid sensor, and Warmed O2 sensor, could any of those cause the stalling? I assumed not the O2 or Vtec sensor

Comment

"I got 4 check engine lights I just checked. 5, 10, 22, 41, which I believe are MAP sensor, IAT sensor, vtec solonoid sensor, and Warmed O2 sensor, could any of those cause the stalling? I assumed not the O2 or Vtec sensor"

Ya... those will do it but more the MAP and O2 errors will make it run like crap. Keep going!! See if you can clear the engine codes.

Comment

I'll see what I can do today, does the Accord harness have a plug to hook up to the H22a4 MAP sensor? or is there one on my F22 I can move over?

Edit: I found the MAP sensor from the Accord is in the black box on the firewall, is there a diagram of how the vacuum lines from the Accord MAP run to the H22a4 intake manifold?
                Last edited by Canadian Coupes; 11-23-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

So ahh should get a haynes manual etc. for this kind of swap haha. But the MAP vacuum would be something like this. Should be able to find all diagrams on here except electrical. Best of luck!
                  https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-...pe_tubing.html

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Coupes View Post
                    I'll see what I can do today, does the Accord harness have a plug to hook up to the H22a4 MAP sensor? or is there one on my F22 I can move over?

Edit: I found the MAP sensor from the Accord is in the black box on the firewall, is there a diagram of how the vacuum lines from the Accord MAP run to the H22a4 intake manifold?
                    Just plug the vacuum line into one of the ports on the back of the h22 intake mani and just have the map sensor disconnected on the h22 throttle body. Unless you want to create a jumper harness to use the h22 map snesor.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                    X