No announcement yet.

my journey to the DOHC side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow nice job so far. im still debating on doing this swap to my 93 coupe cause my bro bought an f20B for his cd6 but now he doesnt want it anymore so if he doesnt sell it which ive been pleeding with him not to then ill put that in but if not then ill go with a boosted F22B had one in my old 92 4dr and i loved it. good luck with the swap

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Looks good.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

It looks like there is a crack in the water pump housing. What is that?

Comment

no no cracks there. it looks like that probably from when the engine stood in the car or somewhere and there was cooling liquid in it. i cleaned it and checked but no cracks there.
          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
          Check out my JDM F22B swap
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

yesterday i put on the new timing belt. wow the gsr belt was a tight fit but i got it on. i checked the timing about five times and manually rotated the engine and all the marks line up and everything so the timing should be fine. now just need to remember to make a mark on the flywheel.

the iab controll box that is located right under the intake mani has 2 hoses connected to it, at least it had since the ends were broken. can anyone guide me in how to connect all the vaccume lines? also should i try to use a plastick epoxy and glue on the ends or can i buy the black box at a dealer. if so it should be for a 94- prelude with h23?
            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

some more pics. today before work i istalled a new slave cylinder on the tranny housing and removed the dented oil pan that will be replaced.

Watch my CB7 video

Comment

very good work my man. keep us updated.
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                  yesterday i put on the new timing belt. wow the gsr belt was a tight fit but i got it on. i checked the timing about five times and manually rotated the engine and all the marks line up and everything so the timing should be fine. now just need to remember to make a mark on the flywheel.

the iab controll box that is located right under the intake mani has 2 hoses connected to it, at least it had since the ends were broken. can anyone guide me in how to connect all the vaccume lines? also should i try to use a plastick epoxy and glue on the ends or can i buy the black box at a dealer. if so it should be for a 94- prelude with h23?
                  i dont think getting one from the dealer is that expensive...lemme check real quick

it says 25 bucks off slhondaparts.com
                  36361-PT2-014 TANK, VACUUM $25.69
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That's some good stuff man. I hope the DOHC side is fun!
                    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Your doing this swap the way it should be, keep it up my brother and this should be going in the wagon!

Comment

thanx wed3k for the info, and thanx tommi, f22a4bandit.

91accordwagon - im trying to do stuff the right way and things that are not super expensive and easy to replace are getting replaced if there is a need. you got no idea how much i wish it was going in the wagon. if the accident never happened it would be probably running by now. shit happens. i plan to repaint the coupe later on to the color of the wagon as a tribute if you will. also swapping over few parts from it like the bigger brakes
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

that swap looks good so far, cant wait until your done!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                            I found a cool JDM goodie on it - i havent seen them here in the usa. it was a MOMO oil filter, it was dented tho :-(
                            I didn't know MOMO was Japanese.

www.aznkid.com

Comment

Originally posted by aznkid.com
                              I didn't know MOMO was Japanese.
                              it is.

I had one too

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

There must be more than one MOMO, because the one that I'm familiar with is an Italian company.....
                                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X