No announcement yet.

my journey to the DOHC side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eh, it doesnt run shitty at all. it runs strong, so im thinking it might be advanced. i duno tho, im running 93 octane and nothing above 15.5afr until i can get my timing straight.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

woooooo its in and running. the car is not drivable bc axles and the rest of front suspension needs to be installed along with the radiator but i should be able to drive it to work on monday. here are few pics of the motor just installed.

tries polishing one piece for fun to see what it would look like lol

i was so happy, lucky and relieved because to motor started right up. took it few times to turn over and build up the fuel pressure in the new extended fuel line and it started right up. no problems at all. here is a short vid (~18mb) of the motor running. (dont mind the other noise in the backround, it was neighbors weed wacker lol).

The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

that weed wacker sounds fucking wierd, lol.

thats tight tho man, im happy you got it to turn on on the first try. get rid of that p/s and a/c and you'll be set to go

Comment

thanx - p/s is history for sure although i might keep the a/c at least for now. long 3 hour trips to school and back will blow in the summer.
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

just keep the windows open man.

Comment

i cant wait till i could post picks up 4 mine, i will

Comment

off to the car to finish up everything. more pics coming soon
                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

i got the radiator in and most of the other little stuff in. i did a compression test and this is what i got:

cylinder 1 - 178psi
                  cylinder 2 - 179psi
                  cylinder 3 - 179psi
                  cylinder 4 - 180psi

they were all within 1 or 2 psi. what is the spec range on compression for the f22b?
                  another problem is bleeding the clutch system. the clutch and everything else is installed correctly since it only goes in one way. the pedal is still on the floor and has no pressure. i think i need to get someone to help me since i read that bleeding takes quite a long time to build up the pressure. hopefully ill be able to do that tomm. of to work for now.
                  Watch my CB7 video

Comment

psi looks good
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

bleed the clutch as you would with the braking system. a friend comes in hand with this. make sure you have a good clutch master cylinder and slave.

isn't it bad to run the motor with no radiator? the water pump is pumping nothing but congrats on the start up. it's a great feeling eh? now complete the rest of the motor, break in whatever needs breaking in, and have fun!
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

yea i know that bleeding the clutch is a lot easier with someone helping you but i had to count on myself. hopefully ill get it to work tomm.

as for running the motor without the radiator i know its not a good idea but i had it running no more that a minute and then i turned it off. the temperature needle didnt even move at all. today before work i installed the radiator and added coolant so its all good now. i may have an exhaust leak somewhere on either end of the header. might just get new gaskets tomm and that might fix it.
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                          yea i know that bleeding the clutch is a lot easier with someone helping you but i had to count on myself. hopefully ill get it to work tomm.

as for running the motor without the radiator i know its not a good idea but i had it running no more that a minute and then i turned it off. the temperature needle didnt even move at all. today before work i installed the radiator and added coolant so its all good now. i may have an exhaust leak somewhere on either end of the header. might just get new gaskets tomm and that might fix it.

I am not surprised the temp needle didnt move...after all it reads coolant temp.

and to make bleeding the clutch easy use a mity vac hand vacuum pump, you can buy it or maybe borrow from a parts store.

Comment

update - motor is running a lot better than at the beginning. also, i finally got the clutch bled and it feels fine. the firing order was wrong and it caused it to backfire and shake like it wanted to jump out even with my new utherane filled mounts. the correct firing order fixed all that. the idle still wasnt as solid as it should be. it would idle at 1500rpms and up and would flunctuate. i did clear the egr and all the other stuff that would cause this. then i went on and installed my Buddy Club condenser grounding kit and wow it idled perfectly. it was still higher than stock (1100rps) but it was dead on and the needle didnt move at all. i think i just need to adjust it now with the fiv. its a pain in the ass bc its located right behind the throttle body next to the fire wall.

new pics coming later tonight.
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

the car is finihed. i got it to idle at about 850-900rpms witch is good. got the wagon front wagon suspension and brakes/rotors on. so far it runs great but i didnt have a chance to really drive it yet. just moved around the driveway. got to fix the camber kit bc i forgot to move it from my coilover set up and im sporting massive positive camber. the clutch engages right away and the flywheel lets it rev up super fast. cant wait to take it on the road tomm. did a about 11-12 hour work day on it so im just chiilin in tonight and putting it on the road tomm morning.

here are few pics as promised:

Watch my CB7 video

Comment

all this hard work and no comments

anyway, the engine is running great, however, i do have one problem - its an overheating issue. i replaced the radiator fan relay and the condenser fan fuse but i only have one fan working. it works only when i turn on the ac or when i turn off the car. when i drive the temp goes all the way up unless i speed up and the air hitting the radiator helps to cool it a bit. what could it be? i still got to check the condenser fan motor. any ideas?
                                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Working...
                                X