my journey to the DOHC side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my journey to the DOHC side

Im slowly beginnig my journey to the DOHC side. Im getting ready to drop in a F22B into my new coupe. I will update my progress as i go and post pics as well. So far i have my XTD stage 1 clutch and 12lb flywheel combo, P39 (on its way), 80A utherane mix for engine mounts. I should have the engine by the first week of July. It being purchased from JDM Exchange in NE philly. As for the engine ill be getting a GSR vtec timing belt and probably replace or oil seals. once the swap is dont ill get a APEXi WS2 muffler and add it to my new piping. In the time being im reconditioning my coilovers after the winter and prepping them to protect from salt and other debrie for the future. I also painted my front controll arms with underbody spray to prevent any surface rust.

To the guys that already did this swap feel free to post any comments or anything that will help me out in the process and what to watch out for. I did all my research but any additional info is appreciated.
    Pics coming soon
    Last edited by cb7wagonPL; 06-29-2006, 09:01 PM.
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

sweet man. good luck with the swap, hope everything goes well for you. if you have any questions pm me. ill be glad to help you.

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

yeah man if you have any q's just pm us.Also check out the link in my sig if you havent already.Glad you went w/ xtd Swap is pretty easy man good luck.

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

also don't forget to put in a new water pump to, you can use the f22a wp.I also did the gsr tbelt.f22a wp, works like a charm

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

if cokinut still has it im getting a water pump from him. yea and the XTD pacage just got here and looks great. ill probably be getting a centerforce t/o bearing to replace the one i got.
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

my only advice to you is to take your time. a rushed job = poor results in quality and reliability. you don't want to take apart the same piece over and over again just to get it right. my friend always told me; measure twice, cut once. apply it here and everywhere.

oh i guess i have one more advice. if you're like me and your car is your only means of transportation i found it easiest to have all the parts ready before going into surgery. there is less down time this way. even though it took me 2 weeks to finish my swap (i worked 9-6 mon-fri) it went pretty fast and i know i can do it faster the second time around.

good luck and keep us posted on your progress. pics are a must!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

thanx for the advice everyone.
              yea im trying to gather all the parts ill need before i begin the swap in order to make it go smooth and not run around buying stuff as i need it.

here are some pics of the stuff thats being transfered from wagon to the coupe.

Wagon (cb9) brake calipers (painted gold) with Rotex pads.

Conroll arms with polyutherane bushings (these thinks rock )pained with underbody rubber spray.

more to come

as for spark plugs and wires im guessing that i need to use the ones for h23 right?
              Last edited by cb7wagonPL; 06-26-2006, 11:59 AM.
              Watch my CB7 video

Comment

here are some more pics of the stuff that just came in recently.

Buddy Club Earthing and Voltage Stabilizer

ACT clutch release bearing

P39 ECU

80A utherane mix for engine mounts

XTD 12lb flywheel

XTD Stage 1 clutch and pressure plate.

i hope that the next update will include the engine in it.
                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Good luck on the swap.I'm doin the same to my accord.You will be destroying those little civics and ls tegs.
                  Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Today i took out the engine from the coupe. it was a fun experience. i did most of the work myself and then my best friend helped me manuver the engine from the bay. anywho - here are some pics...

its out

"artistic" shot from the engine bay lol

my friend Paul and I (in shorts) at the end of the day.

this was a must
                    Last edited by cb7wagonPL; 07-03-2006, 11:12 AM.
                    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

update: will be ordering engine on wednesday after 4th of july.
                      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Real men don't wear gloves. They get their hands dirty

Anyways

Sweet bro!

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

We just did this swap this weekend, be sure you have your wiring schematics, know how to switch internal dizzy to external, Be careful with that tps, use your old fuel rail or have some fuel line to lengthen and match the jdm rail.

Comment

alright another update...the motor is here. i bought it from nagano japanese for 800 shipped. (they are located in canada) yea i was a bit skeptical about buying it from canada but in the end im pretty satisfied from what i seen. the motor is clean and i only found one broken sensor. i was provided with a replacement one included in the shippment which was cool of them. here are some pics of the motor.

It came from an auto car.

It came with all the accessories attached with belts in mint shape.

I found a cool JDM goodie on it - i havent seen them here in the usa. it was a MOMO oil filter, it was dented tho :-(

On monday ill start getting the engine ready for the swap. water pump, belts and etc. also need to swap over the wiring harness since this one was cut in few spots.
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

looks a lot cleaner than mine.

but yea, if your stock f22 was external dizzy, then make sure you know what to do to wire up the f22b's internal dizzy.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X