shift lever swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift lever swap

ok i have just recently sold my h22a prelude si and i was just wondering if the actual shift lever from a prelude could possibly work on an accord setup? because it just naturally seems shorter, you know? along with the diy short throw and putting the accord shift plate underneath the original platform you could have a non hacked setup that is incredibly short. the reason i am asking about this is that i am going to go pick up a lude shift lever from a 94 si at the wreck yard that i got all the parts for my 92 si. lmk what you think! don't slaughter my idea, please. if you know it won't work, just say it won't work! peace
    hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Its been done needs some hacking but it will fit.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

had one in my car, it is in fact a bit shorter. also theres support for aftermarket short throw's. cables attach fine, but only 2 of the mount holes line up, the other 2 are a teeny bit off, enough that u cant get the bolts thru. so youd have to enlarge the holes a bit with a drill or dremel, or just use 2 of the bolts on opposite corners.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

If you flex the 4 rubber mounts a bit you can get all 4 to line up. Mines in my car now and I didn't drill anything out, just use a bit of muscle and it'll go in. You can't do the "bucket flip" like on the accord shifters because the 'Lude one doesn't have it at all, it's all molded into the one piece. L8r
        Turbo H23a3 build has begun
        01-01-2019

Comment

I have the prelude shift plate and a 4bidden short shifter. Pretty nice unit. The plate bolts right in if you don't use the rubber bushings on the bottom and top. If you want to use them you need to notch 2 of the holes to make it work.

Comment

thanks for the info guys. i am finally rollin in a cb again and it feels good to be back. even if there is no h22a for a while, i am still happier. i felt like a jock asshole or something in my lude. you are going to see more of me in the future. peace

Comment

Off topic but... You live in Bismark? I've been there many many times tearin up the steets in my car. I used to live near Fargo but drove across n.d. about once a month. I've got friends there so I usually stopped in for a while each time. Theres alot of sweet cars in Fargo and they race in Saben, MN on the weekends (9 sec supra, 10 sec integra, 11 sec wrx wagon, a bunch of 12-13 sec civics, but no accords at all). Just thought I'd let you know where the good cars are. L8r
              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
              01-01-2019

Comment

yeah i know very well of the good cars from that area like the supra,
                integras and civics. that guy was tryin to sell his supra for like 30000gs or something close to that. there was a 11sec civic with just a d16y8 boosted on stock internals right? yeah i am not really a fan of anything except for accords i do like other peoples civics and whatnot but i don't want anything like that anymore not my steez. peace

Comment

Working...
                X