My H22 swap journal. (56k WARNING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My H22 swap journal. (56k WARNING)

If theres any threads I enjoy reading the most it's swap journals. So I decided to make my very own. I saved every paycheck I earned and managed to buy myself a 95 JDM H22a (OBD-1) with M2B4 LSD tranny purchased from hmotorsonline. I recently moved into a brand new house with my parents, so as you can guess they were not soo thrilled with the idea of me swapping out the cb7. They even offered to pay for a shop to do the swap. After much convincing I finally got the okay from mom and pops to do the swap. Unfortunately I hardly had anytime to actually work the swap itself. Being as I'm still 17 From 7:30am-12:00pm I go to school, then from 2:00pm-7:00pm I work mon-fri. I only had weekends and even then a good majority of the time I was hunting down various parts. I'm not going to go into details on the grand total of the swap because I'm still in denial. I couldn't have done this swap without this site: cb7tuner.
    Huge thanks goes out to cp[mike], timmy0tool, and NAiL05 for answering some of my PM's on the swap.
    BTW if this thread is hard to follow its because im tired and have had a lonng day so bear with me....

Here she is, my long awaited LOVE...

Some of the various parts I will be replacing, OEM honda.

I started my swap right after I got off work, I began taking off the strut bar, EGR system, intake, alternator, ps pump, shift linkage, ac compressor, and header.

F22 header > me

I then started working on the h22, replacing the timing belt, water pump, balancer belt, and a few other misc. things. Due to time restraints I was not able to change out the clutch. I most certainly would have if I had simply had more time to do it. I wasn't skipping on the clutch to be a penny pincher. (you can only bum rides for soo long.)

Next I drained ALL the fuids from the cb7. The radiator, clutch, and tranny fluid was drained. I also removed the battery tray, TB to allow for more room, cruise control, radiator, fuel line, and anything else that was connected. The header hose was the biggest PITA of all, I eventually just gave in and cut it off.

I saved the best for last, the axles. I used a craftsman impact which broke the 36mm nut off within a few blows, I was impressed. Everytihng was going dandy until I got to the damn lower balljoint. I couldn't for the life of me break it loose. I tried banging on it for what seemed like hours, I even tried a few pullers which just got me fustrated. Finally a this method to break them loose.
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=887859. Thanks to k-mart for the link, this was a life saver for me. After a a lot of persistance with various crow bars I finally got her out.

I will be constantly editing this thread so if it seems different each day you know why.
    Last edited by TysCb7; 09-23-2006, 03:44 AM.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

I used two cameras to take pictures of my swap and doing so I lost some photos, some of which are the F22 being pulled, I'll try to find them ASAP.

For your enjoyment: F22 rear main seal leak.

Nothing but a sealed optima from this day on, battery acid ownage.

rear motor mount or is it?

Before I dropped the h22 into the cb7 I had to tap the tranny. Heres a DIY I made on tapping a lude tranny to an accord. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56024

With the help of my older brother I pulled the F22a. I was able to borrow an engine hoist from a friend, and I bought a load leveler at NAPA.

She awaits a new heart transplant.

Finally time to drop the H22a into the cb7. This step take patience, I worked with my dad on leveling out the engine very slowly and carefully. After all of the clearences where good she was mounted down.

My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

I didn't want to deal with the JDM downpipe issues so I got a DC ceramic header.

JDM VS DC

Wiring the VTEC was easy because ALL of the info is in the FAQ....heres the sub-harness.

After a great deal of work let-downs and fustration I finally got everything back together and going. On exactly the third time I turned her over she purred right up. I have never been so happy with the cb7 or felt so accoplished. The knowledge I have gained was priceless and was worth all of the hard effort I put into the swap.

My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
        Nothing but a sealed optima from this day on, battery acid ownage.

Whats up with the Duralast?

Nice H22 though......how long did the swap take you?
        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

great work! any CELs? what were some of the issue u ran into?? my turn my turn!!!
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Great work man. Just shows that with the right stuff anybody can do the swap.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

damn thaat motor is mint!

Ill be deff getting mine from there.

you should have made a 100% detailed DIY on the timming belt

Comment

Great job on the swap man!!!
                Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

A definate pat on the back
                  DEVOTE

Comment

[QUOTE=TysCb7]

She awaits a new heart transplant.

I love this pic!!!!! its my new background!!!!
                    Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                    Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

not bad my first swap that I did myself felt like my first over and over with the same motor .

Comment

very good! i would of cleaned up the engine bay more lol but thats just me!

great for the guys that still dream or are doing a swap now!

Comment

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=887859. Thanks to k-mart for the link, this was a life saver for me. After a a lot of persistance with various crow bars I finally got her out.
                          glad i could provide some assistance to a fellow swapper!

i love these kind of threads btw.

Comment

nice job on the swap ...hows she runnin?
                            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

I want h222 =)

Comment

Working...
                              X