JDM F22B owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F22B owners

alright, so I have an oil leak in cylinder #2 spark plug tube. This is on my jdm f22b. Now, with the f22a you can take the tubes out, not the case in the f22b. its casted into the head if im looking at it correctly. now the oil passage is by cylinder number 2, so #2 is usually the first to go, the only seal i have for the spark plug tubes is the upper on on the valve cover. is that the only seal or what? any help would be appreciated.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Yup, just the o-ring that fits into the valve cover. Also, improper torqueing of the valve cover bolts can cause the cover to warp and cause a leak.

You can get the set of 4 seals at honda in a kit.

L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

ok good. i don't think the torqueing was the problem, 2.5 years on the motor and a seal finally went. probably just age. but i got a "kit" from autozone for the h23, the the seals that came with it were thicker then the ones in the valvecover...i think this may be the oddity in the f22b motor.

but thanks for reaffirming that theres not a seal in the tube
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i got the seals for an h23 and they fit fine

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

now you speak up. punk. lol jk, i think i got the wrong kit, im going to honda tomorrow.

d112crzy, intake valve adjustment time- 1hr
          exhaust cam valve adjustment- 20 min
          your right, you just gotta get the hang of it.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

lol.

damn, that took you a while after a few times doing it, you should be a pro and should only take you like 30 mins tops.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
            X