i hate my h22 tranny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate my h22 tranny!

i did my 5spd conversion and at first ihad the p2u5(f22) tranny. so i swiched it out for an m2f4(h22)tranny. the tranny shifts great and i love the constant high rpm but then i decided to cruse and in 5th gear i was doing 70 and 4800 rpm. I have a lightned flywheel(act prolite 9lb) could that be the reason, if not my gas mileage is shot.
    if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Originally posted by japspecb7
    i did my 5spd conversion and at first ihad the p2u5(f22) tranny. so i swiched it out for an m2f4(h22)tranny. the tranny shifts great and i love the constant high rpm but then i decided to cruse and in 5th gear i was doing 70 and 4800 rpm. I have a lightned flywheel(act prolite 9lb) could that be the reason, if not my gas mileage is shot.
    That doesnt have anything to do with it dont you mean m2a4? thats how the h22 tranny is it has shorter gear ratios to make up for accelertation to pull its heavy load. If your cruising and you cant afford the gasmileage everytime you gun it or when your cruising you shouldnt be driving a swapped car you should have just left it stock. The only thing for you to do now is to just get a chipped ecu and get it tuned.

Comment

no i mean m2f4, 93 h22 vtec tranny, and to answer your question i can afford the gas but why spend extra money if you dont have to. 5 just didnt expect it to be so close.

Comment

no i mean m2f4, 93 h22 vtec tranny, and to answer your question i can afford the gas but why spend extra money if you dont have to. 5 just didnt expect it to be so close.
        oh my bad ahhwell. Why spend extra money if you dont have to it seems to me like you already have,so why even bother bringing the gas subject up. You honestly didnt think with the gear ratio's of runnin the h22 hard and at cruise was a walk in the park did you?,especially with the gear ratio's.

Comment

i sure didnt, well at least now i can race b16 and gsr's out the hole in stead of hail mary runs. lol

Comment

i sure didnt, well at least now i can race b16 and gsr's out the hole in stead of hail mary runs. lol
            hee hee lol well youll have to get used to it if anything if you got a p13 and you wanna step it up get the p28 from phearable.net theyll hook you up.

Comment

H22s are like that get used to it. Hence why I run my h23. 80 = 3950 or so close enough to 4000.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

haha the h22 5th is like the f22 4th lol

ILBB
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

h22 sparkle thanks for the site, much help

Comment

Not sure about the Euro R trans (T2W4) but the M2F4 has the shortest 5th gear of all the H trannies. I always thought it was like 4800ish @ 80MPH, are you sure about the 70MPH? i remember reading someone's comment at the RPM @ 80, I'll have to find it. That sounds REALLY high for 70 though

Comment

h22 sparkle thanks for the site, much help
                      not a problem happy to oblige

Comment

all you got to do is tyo put your old F22 tranny back. but youll suffer a little bit of slower acceleration witch defeats the whole purpose on getting an H22 in the first place, o well just my 2 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                          all you got to do is tyo put your old F22 tranny back. but youll suffer a little bit of slower acceleration witch defeats the whole purpose on getting an H22 in the first place, o well just my 2 cent.
                          true

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                            haha the h22 5th is like the f22 4th lol

ILBB
                            Shorter, comparing it to the auto f.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

im at 4k at 80mph, and my tranny has a shorter 5th. arent they usually 3600-3800 at 80?

anyway shane its not that bad. i get 23mpg city, 26 highway. price to play i guess.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X