Cheapest Torque ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest Torque ?

OK so the F22B1 is a piece of crap. So what should I put in my 94 wagon when the B1 goes kaput ?
    Please no h22 requests ?
    I am looking for the most torque for the buck $$$, but would prefer to limit the amount of time and money involved in a swap !
    94, OBD1, VTEC, Heavy wagon, CA SMOG, ETC...
    So what can I do with what I have to work with ?

Thanks
    Jeff

are u saying u want VTEC?

why not an USDM H23/JDM F22B (dohc non vtec). both motors would provide substantial gains in hp/torque in comparison to your sohc vtec engine.

that would be my route if i was in your situation...best bang for buck i guess.....
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Nitrous without you telling me what you want out of your torque.

Comment

get a jdm f22a for cheap chepest accord engine you can buy

piece together a turbo kit for 800 and get teh engine for 4 thats 1200 dollars plus u allways end up spending 100 over so 1300 and thats a good 180 wheel torque..

i got my jdm h22 for 750 though.
        ]

Comment

Cummins Diesel swap.

Comment

lol^^

F23/h23 or f23/h22 frank swap.

cheapest torque you'll find, NA at least.

IF you want FI, then piece yourself a dsm kit and go at it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

If you want torque, you're looking at the wrong brand. A .1L increase (F23, H23, etc...) won't be THAT much of a change. If you want low end, go back to stock exhaust and intake.

What do you expect from the car? If you want reliability, then a frank motor as suggested would potentially be unwise... and possibly not smog-legal. Turbo may also give you some smog issues, but it would definitely give some power. Reliability comes into question with turbo, though. Not always, but you're introducing more heat and pressure than the motor was designed for.

Quite honestly, nitrous is your best option. It's cheap, reliable (if you do it right, and don't overdo it), smog-legal, and provides nice power. The only downside is that it isn't permanent or unlimited.

Comment

H23 would be your best option for torque. IF all else fails boost the b1 lol plenty of people on HT do it.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by So Cal Divin
                  I am looking for the most torque for the buck $$$,

get smaller diameter tires....

if u go from 205/50-16 down to 205/40-16, u'll get a torque increase of about 10% to the wheels

just an idea if u drag race...not recommended for daily driving.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

an h22 makes about teh same torque as a k24, which is also around the same as an h23. the F 22 and f23 make less torque though more of it is available in the low rpm range. plus the h22 is proven. it has around 10% more torque than the f22 single cams and 5% or so more than the f23, around 10% more than the f22b dohc....and yes even in a wagon the h22 will perform well. i have had an h22 in my 4th gen wagon since 2000, having put around 90k miles on the car since the swap, i get 26 mpg on average and have raced several mustangs and won most of the time. and thats with stereo and other crap in the car.

Comment

How much money do you have to work with? That's the main question.

H22 with a JRSC would be very torquey, and reliable if you tune and maintain properly. Superchargers are more predictable than turbo systems (especially low-budget turbo).

If you're limited on cash, I say just boost the F22B1. You'll spend about as much as you would on a swap, and you'll get better results.

Rocknricer... An F22A in a 5th gen would be illegal. Can't put an older motor in a newer car. In CA, that'll matter.

Comment

Details.

I live in CA. which causes a couple of problems. First is SMOG, living in it and dealing with tests every 2 years at TEST only sites.
                        So NA and SMOG legal preferred. The heat in the summer is also an issue for me as I get older, so I'd like to keep my A/C.
                        I live in a canyon and my wagon lacks the pull uphill compared to my 90 Accord w/F22A4. Both cars have 200k+ and the 90 was better maintained. I'd like to keep it Auto and not have to deal with changing the 4 brand NEW mounts I just put in it along with the JDM Auto.
                        As far as VTEC and changing a wiring harness I've got no issues with keeping or losing it for a better performing wagon. Thhis car feels heavier and lacks the response of my 90, would like to duplicate that feel with the wag.

Thanks
                        Jeff

Comment

The H23 Swap is best for you, Couple that with a set of 260 cams and you will have all the torque you want and still be smog legal.

Comment

buy a v6 wagon
                            FA1

Comment

Definitely go H23, especially if you don't want to spend a lot of money and don't want to change mounts. When i put one in my car i loved the torque and horsepower gains. Should easily be able to make it up them hills with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X