• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are h and f series tb's interchangeable

f22 to h22 and back?

No.

The bolt pattern is different.

The only way to do it is if you have an H series, or an F22A6 manifold, and change the entire upper half (plenum).
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

then how come so many people use F series throttle bodies on 5th gens and h22s to keep their cruise control?
      If F was different it would mean that it was also different from B and D series as well....and I have put H22/h23 throttle bodies on BOTH of those engines.

Comment

And I've got an H23 TB on an F23 manifold on my 02' accord right now.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
          then how come so many people use F series throttle bodies on 5th gens and h22s to keep their cruise control?
          If F was different it would mean that it was also different from B and D series as well....and I have put H22/h23 throttle bodies on BOTH of those engines.

Perhaps they standardized the bolt pattern on the F22B and F23.

Keep in mind that their IM's are completely different to the F22A.

They DO NOT fit on any F22A intake manifolds. I have tried it.

The H and B might have the same bolt pattern, but that is different than some D series too.

It depends on the Year, Model, and manifold in question.

Just because it is a D,F,B,H series, does NOT mean that ALL parts are the same.

Even if it is the same on SOME models.

Also, people changing TB's to keep CC, is silly. All you have to do is change the rotors, and that applies to every 5th gen guy I have talked to.

Maybe an OBD-1 to OBD-2 difference, but to the best of my knowledge, the rotors are all interchangeable.

Of course, they could be doing it because of that Sport Compact swap guide, which had a few other technical issues too.

Comment

I can confirm that. I just walked out and tested a spare F22A1 TB on my old H22A IM. Bolt patterns are different. I can also confirm that B series TBs are interchangeable with H series, which are also interchangeable with the Euro R TBs (which IIRC are F20s.)

Member's Ride

Comment

I have a smashed tps and need to get this swap done as soon as possible and if possible this may be the easiest thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
                I have a smashed tps and need to get this swap done as soon as possible and if possible this may be the easiest thing to do.

Or you can just change and recalibrate the TPS.

Besides. The H series has a 62MM TB and the F has a 57MM TB.

The 62 is probably restrictive, so the 57 will be worse.

Comment

can I drill the one out of my f22b1 and just use that.

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
                    can I drill the one out of my f22b1 and just use that.
                    Yes.

The TPS's are all interchangeable. But you will have to recalibrate it so that it will read correctly.

Comment

for recalibration...t-taps are your friend.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        Or you can just change and recalibrate the TPS.

Besides. The H series has a 62MM TB and the F has a 57MM TB.

The 62 is probably restrictive, so the 57 will be worse.
                        since when did the H series JDM & USDM have a 62mm TB??? i was under the assumption it was 60mm and then Honda bored it out to 62mm on the euroR H22 and type S H22......

sorry, just kinda threw me... (then again we might be thinking off measurements in different locations... )
                        Last edited by SMseagren83; 05-03-2007, 12:44 AM.
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                          since when did the H series JDM & USDM have a 62mm TB??? i was under the assumption it was 60mm and then Honda bored it out to 62mm on the euroR H22 and type S H22......

sorry, just kinda threw me... (then again we might be thinking off measurements in different locations... )
                          According to my micrometer, the throat is 62mm.

It may be tapered down to 60, as I never measured the backside.

Regardless, it is significantly larger than the Accord which measures 57mm at the throat.

Comment

so I take it the A1/A4 [maybe the usdm B1/B2}is the only T/B that does not interchange with the H-B series TB. right? ?

Comment

A6 uses the same throttle body as A1/A4.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X