JDM F22B swap...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F22B swap...again

I blew my other jdm f22b up with my 14b, so it's rebuild time. I got another jdm f22b, but this one is staying NA. Hoping to make some decent power out of it, and just have it for a fun little daily driver with some better reliability then my previous turbo'd setup. Looking for some thoughts, criticism, or any comments. Bash me if you'd like, but make sure you can back it up.

Here's the setup:
    JDM F22B
    Delta 272 cams
    Skunk2 cam gears
    OBX header/downpipe
    Bomz short ram intake
    stock exhaust(i love stock, sorry)
    14lbs oem lightened flywheel
    exedy stg1 clutch
    Gonna be heavily street tuned by me(p05 UD 1.7), then fine tuned by mainstream performance hopefully.

Suspension:
    Hoping I have the money left over it's getting the neuspeed cup kit.

It should make some decent power hopefully, enough to keep up with an h22 or possible beat one. Oddly enough I'm excited to go NA, plus the thought of having a front torque mount again is enticing.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

my stock muffler is on larger piping...im sure that piping makes a difference yet its quiet as hell.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

you need some extra cams for your regrinds? I can sell you some.

What do you love about your stock exhaust? If its the quietness, you can pretty much replicate it with some stock looking performance muffler and a huge resonator or two.

To really take advantage of your mods, especially the cams, you gota open up the exhaust man!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Megan racing cam gear are like the Skunk2, save u some money there. I've compared the two side by side.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

this is all gonna be on stock compression?

sounds like a fun build man, g/l keep us updated

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I love the look and sound of stock exhaust. I know I'm losing power, especially with the cams, but I had the stock exhaust even when I was turbod. Good to know about the cam gears, but I ordered them about a week ago, I was going for AEM then h23accord told me about his and said he's never had a problem with skunk2.

d112crzy- The head off the old f22b is sold, I'll have 2 f22a blocks if you want one.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Nice!!!

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

any updates on this build? don't lose connection now, lol, i really wanna see how it comes out

My Ride thread
                Flickr
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

decided not to get the cams yet. I'm not gonna have money for the dyno. We'll see how my housing situation is at the end of summer, I may have money to continue the build. As for now, this is what the car will have

JDM F22B
                  OEM Lightened flywheel
                  Exedy stg1 clutch
                  Skunk2 adj cam gears
                  OBX 4-2-1 Header
                  Bomz Intake
                  Tein s tech springs
                  New wheels and tires

I opted for the suspension and tires rather then the cams. Who knows, I may end up getting cams somtime.
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

how bout lil things like a Bisimoto IM insulator and an underdrive crank pulley or stuff like that, have you thought of throwing in stuff like that? just a couple of suggestions...

My Ride thread
                    Flickr

Comment

everything i have or have already bought is all the money im gonna spend for now. I'm moving into an apartment in 2 months so im saving for that, but the way it's looking, its gonna be cheap and i may have money to save and buy more stuff for the cb. It may be boosting again sooner then I thought...
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

oh ok, that's cool keep us updated

My Ride thread
                        Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X