No announcement yet.

.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well update the 96' gsr belt fit perfectly it started up and sounded like shit and aprently the head isnt getting oil any one know any reasons why that would be happening? so yeah the 96' gsr belt fit not sure if there was any rubbing on the balancer belt but if there is i found a soultion to the rubbing problem for all the ppl that were going to take that rout im taking it to a machine shop and having them cut the 2mm off they have a cutter that will take it off and not make the belt any weaker the f22b jdm belt has 126 teeth and 95-99' gsr belt has 126 teeth so that makes it the best fit.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Eliminate your balance shaft belt. There's no need for it.

As for your engine being shitty, take that to another thread. I'd like for this thread to not be cluttered with random stuff.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i used the h23 gates racing belt on my f20a dohc, didnt even swap over the h23 timing gear and its tight now that the tensioner is on. it was loose when the tensioner had no tension on it.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

You would think so, wouldn't you?lol

Comment

yeh thats why i posted the h23 belt worked. thanks. anything else?

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Here's a nice little bump for people having timing belt and water pump problems
              http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2tipt0ba.html
              http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2oemwapu.html
              Last edited by d112crzy; 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Here's a nice little bump for people having timing belt problems
                http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2tipt0ba.html
                haha dats a good find now we wont have any of the gsr or h23 timing belt arguements lols i might have to buy that before installing my turbo stuff

Comment

You can get water pump/t-belt kit from that site.

Comment

so i've read this thread thoroughly and searched as much as i could. i was still pretty unsuccessful in figuring out the head gasket i would need to use for this motor. Also, if going with cams would i just get f series cams? Also what motor's head studs would i need to get. Thank you very much in advance for the help guys.

i shud also mention my plans for this motor are boost. 10-12 psi. I have read the weakpoints with boost on these motors are the ring lands. So i figure i might as well shell out the extra money and build the bottom end as well as head. I know its not gonna be cheap but hey, might as well do it right the first time and one time.

Which also brings me to my next point. I am wondering what pistons, rings and rods i could go with. Plus is it better to sleeve it or leave the block alone. Sorry if i sound like a noob but i'm just trying to get everything worked out before i start spending the money.

I already got my turbo timer and defi boost gauge :-P. and already know where and what kinda turbo kit im getting as well as exhaust. Also, know where im getting it tuned. I also have a p39 ecu in the mail. Again, Thank you for all you help guys. you guys rock!!!
                    Last edited by Sobeman81; 02-10-2008, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Looks like you have a lot of reading to do. All your questions can be answered by searching more.

But since this is an FAQ, I will answer the direct F22B questions.

Cams- Use anything for an H23 when it comes to the head. It's nearly identical.

Headgasket-not sure. I know people have used an f22a head gasket when putting an f22b dohc head onto an f22a block successfully. As soon as I get the head off my block, I will compare the stock f22b headgasket to an f22a.

For the time being, I would reuse the stock headgasket and use some copper spray to make it seal tight.

Any questions that regards the block, refer to f22a answers.

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Dude, man, atleast now i have a direction to go in. Again TYVM. You rock sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81
                          so i've read this thread thoroughly and searched as much as i could. i was still pretty unsuccessful in figuring out the head gasket i would need to use for this motor. Also, if going with cams would i just get f series cams? Also what motor's head studs would i need to get. Thank you very much in advance for the help guys.

i shud also mention my plans for this motor are boost. 10-12 psi. I have read the weakpoints with boost on these motors are the ring lands. So i figure i might as well shell out the extra money and build the bottom end as well as head. I know its not gonna be cheap but hey, might as well do it right the first time and one time.

Which also brings me to my next point. I am wondering what pistons, rings and rods i could go with. Plus is it better to sleeve it or leave the block alone. Sorry if i sound like a noob but i'm just trying to get everything worked out before i start spending the money.

I already got my turbo timer and defi boost gauge :-P. and already know where and what kinda turbo kit im getting as well as exhaust. Also, know where im getting it tuned. I also have a p39 ecu in the mail. Again, Thank you for all you help guys. you guys rock!!!
                          I've compared the F22B head gasket, and its exactly the same as the F22A.

Pistons, You will have to use F22A 85mm bore.

Headstuds, Use h23 head studs

Comment

awesome thank you sir! I have a buddy that works at Honda and is getting me few OEM parts. I'm getting a new water pump, oil pan and VC cover gaskets, cam seals, front and rear main seals and OEM throw out bearing.

Comment

very nice oem stuff well worth the 78 dollars to me...........also futher back in the thread talking about the h23 water pump it will not fit a f22 the bolt pattern is different and a little bit different shape

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

I used the F22A water pump on my F22B. You can get the pump through the link d112crzy posted though.
                                3 CB's gone....
                                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X