Another H22 wiring question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another H22 wiring question.

ok, if you guys have read my previous thread, i am connecting a 90-91 engine harness moddified to fit a H22 to a 92 engine. unhooked the one harness and in the process if hooking up the 91 harness modded for the H22. I thought that there was only 1 extra plug added on for the vtec solnoid, but there are a couple extra more plugs. Also for the differnent internal/external distributors. I will post up up pictures tomorrow. There are a couple of extra plugs left over, but there are also a couple different little plugs that are missing.

Overall, what should i do about the different coils?

and after i post up pics, whats the point of the extra plugs/missing plugs?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

maybe u saw knock sensor, egr plugs etc....gave us some pic....i`ll sure member around here would help u!good luck bro!
    Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Bump for pics

ok, here are the pics that i was talking about in the earilier post.
      the 92 f22 wire harness

the 91 harness modded to fit a h22 (i think its a 91 modded and not a true h22)

All of these plugs are comming from the front passanger side of the motor, everything else is connected, except for these plugs.
      There are some plugs on the F22 that the harness modded for the H22 dosent even have

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

-Grey one at the bottom left looks like O2 Sensor
        -Green one next to it is water outlet sensor. You need to swap the water outlets on the front of the block. The h22 doesnt come with a sensor on it.
        -Two right above it are reverse sensors. Don't know why you can't find those. Right on top of the tranny is where they're at.
        -Connector above to the left is also on the h22.
        -Yellow one to the right is oil pressure sensor. You can cut it and put on an h22 connector.
        - Above that, don't know.
        As for the dizzy, it depends on which one have; internal or external and what you want to run.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Why didn't you just use the harness that came off your old engine? There's no need to modify the harness at all. All you had to do was add wires from the ecu to the vtec sensors.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            Why didn't you just use the harness that came off your old engine? There's no need to modify the harness at all. All you had to do was add wires from the ecu to the vtec sensors.
            i didnt use that harness becasue on the 90-91 they have that one rectange main engine harness plug, and the motor im putting in was a 92-93, which have the oval shape plugs.

Comment

Ur suppose to use the f22 harness on the h22, so i think he is doing it right, then you swap over hwatever sensors from the f22 to your h22 that have diff plugs..

Its easyer if you start pluging in plugs that you know, and then just pretty much wahtever sensor is closes to that plug most likely goes there..
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                -Two right above it are reverse sensors. Don't know why you can't find those. Right on top of the tranny is where they're at.
                I cant find where these two plug in that your talking about. There is the one for the VSS, but other than that, i dont see any other places to plug plugs in.

Comment

thats where the 2 things go. It's your reverse switch. There's normally a boot over it.

The other one, the yellow looking, single wire goes right under the dizzy, next to the gray sensor right on your thumb

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                    -Grey one at the bottom left looks like O2 Sensor
                    -Green one next to it is water outlet sensor. You need to swap the water outlets on the front of the block. The h22 doesnt come with a sensor on it.
                    -Connector above to the left is also on the h22.
                    -Yellow one to the right is oil pressure sensor. You can cut it and put on an h22 connector.
                    - Above that, don't know.
                    As for the dizzy, it depends on which one have; internal or external and what you want to run.
                    Hey, i just figured out you were talking about the 92 unmodded wireing harness. I know where everything on that one goes, its the other one, with a lot more switchs that i need help with.

D112crzy, In your second pic, next to the pin under the dizzy, that plug, which i think is the water colland temperature sensor, is that supposed to be filled with that white stuff? Maybe its broken, but on my H22 there is a plus where, while on my F22 it looks just like the pic you posted.

Comment

Yes, mine is broke. And in one of the pics, yours is broken as well. You can get a replacement from most OBD1 Honda engines if I remember correctly.

The "pin" is the temperature sending unit. It goes straight to your gauge on your cluster.

Comment

Working...
                      X