Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car hitting Ignition/Fuel Cut at Part Throttle (H22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car hitting Ignition/Fuel Cut at Part Throttle (H22)

so I just purchased a 92 Accord with a JDM (10:6) H22.

Once car reaches operating temperature and I'm giving it partial throttle, I experience what seems to be fuel cut (could definitely be something else).

WOT seems to be smooth with no hesitation.

I'm thinking TPS is fried.......

I have a CEL....I've done no diagnostics, nothing.

Any clues as to what my problem 'might' be?

Any mature expertise and advise would be highly welcome, many thanks!

14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

I don't have an answer but I was wondering if this is the car that you picked up.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/car/667479029.html
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
      I don't have an answer but I was wondering if this is the car that you picked up.

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/car/667479029.html

hahaha it is, it is.....i gave the guy a super low offer and he took it.

car is in fairly decent condition.....needs work, that's for sure.

Comment

good find. I hope you get it all squared away
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

So you have a check engine light and it dosent blink when you jump the connector? If thats the case your ecu may be bad.

Comment

hmmmm...really? i thought a bad ecu would render the car a non-starting brick.

while the car idles a bit high, it idles consistently. the car falls flat on it's face, but regains power almost rhythmically, when i give it part throttle at operating temps or higher.

anyone else thing the ECU might be involved?

Comment

Well a bad ecu on honda's normally will make the car run but real shitty, The ecu is possibly in safe mode right now. It says in the service manual if the cel does not light up when you jump the connector replace it with a good known working one

Comment

if you all read more carefully he states that he never checked the code on the ecu which is 99% likely why he does not have this figured out yet. if your throwing a CEL.......THEN CHECK IT!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
                  if you all read more carefully he states that he never checked the code on the ecu which is 99% likely why he does not have this figured out yet. if your throwing a CEL.......THEN CHECK IT!!!!!
                  blah I haven't the time, which is why I asked on here, but I agree....I need to get it check.

Comment

Working...
                  X