NO HEAT!!.......out of ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO HEAT!!.......out of ideas

Short story is that theres no heat coming out of the vents, even when the car is up to operating temp.The air coming out isn't freezing, but it certainly isn't "heat"

This morning I had the radiator power flushed, and no change. There's no signs of a leaking heater core, and the car isn't even close to over-heating. No coolant leaks to speak of and plenty of coolant in the radiator/resevior. I picked up a thermostat today, but beyond that I'm out of ideas. After running for a while, the lower radiator hose is ice cold, and the upper is nice and warm........and ideas????

my first check would be the cable that goes from the HVAC controls to under the dash. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yeah, check the water valve that is just infront of the heater core fittings on the firewall, is that operable? Is your t-stat bad do you think? Lastly, was the coolant bleed properly? The t-stat and coolant bleeding may not cause this, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Comment

My Money Would Be On Eather Bad Control Panel Or Valve..

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
        1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
        1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

I think your heatercore is bad. Just because it doesnt leak doesnt mean its not bad or going bad.

Comment

Few threads on this already.

There's a cable that goes up to the climate control unit, then runs down under the dash on the passenger side. There's a rod that comes off of that, and it runs through the firewall. Push that rod backward and forward. Toward the firewall is cold I believe, away is heat. Either way, if that doesn't work, you need to look where it hooks up. Mine was catching and not actually opening the valve. Needless to say, I went without for the last month or so.

Comment

I vote the valve too but you heater core could also be clogged. any antifreeze stop leak lately?..

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                I vote the valve too but you heater core could also be clogged. any antifreeze stop leak lately?..

greased lightening perhaps!
                92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

I know this is not my thread but me and OP have the exact same problem i did everything he said and plus i change the climate control and now the fucker won't blow at all and the climate control unit was new!? WTF is really going on here i know its now as cold as up north, but i am freakin' freezein' ova here. so what else could it be?
                  Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                  Be a man. Grab on the crank pulley with one hand, hold some chloroform over the air filter and "Shush it to death".
                  Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Hey did you earn your Red Wings? Red Wings being you muffed dived that coochie and tasted copper and got the red mustache.

No matter how far you go, the same path lies in front of you. "ユメクイ"

Comment

Originally posted by Jkid View Post
                    I know this is not my thread but me and OP have the exact same problem i did everything he said and plus i change the climate control and now the fucker won't blow at all and the climate control unit was new!? WTF is really going on here i know its now as cold as up north, but i am freakin' freezein' ova here. so what else could it be?
                    Check the blower motor/connections/resistor

Comment

make sure you put the heat on.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                      X