Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to identify transmission if sticker is gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to identify transmission if sticker is gone?

I bought a JDM H22 transmission and I want to know for sure that this isnt an Accord tranny or something else. I know the code is M2A4 but the sticker is gone and I can't figure out any other way to identify it. I did find the numbers PX5-1 and PX5-2 on the transfer case and that worries me bc I know most Accord trannies started with a P. PX5 was also stamped on the one shifter cable arm. Can someone with an H22 transmission look to see if theirs has PX5 on the shifter cable arm? I was hoping that the PX5 number was just for the outter casing, knowing that pretty much all Accord/Prelude transmissions are interchangable. Is there another way to figure out what transmission this is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

ill take a look at mine wheb i get a chance and see if i can maybe help at all

Comment

from what i googled a px5 castings is a m2s4 which is a h23 tranny.

half way or more down this page.
      http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2392970
      FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
      My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Does this tranny have LSD, you may want to check since it's identity is ?'able. I forget what my M2B4 is stamped, this may not help you anyway, but I know that the case is larger, so the stamp may be diff. from an M2A4.

Comment

It definitely isnt lsd. PX5-3 and PX5-6 are stamped on a 94-97 transmission I have though.

Comment

If you have to use the two inner screws for the mount. Its an accord. If you have to use the two outer holes. Its a prelude.

Comment

Well the outter holes dont have screws in them, which makes me think it did come from a Prelude. But at the same time, it could be a transmission for a Prelude that had a F22a in it. The person swears up and down its a M2A4 and came from a jdm prelude clip. I dont care if its M2A4 or M2S4, as long as its not an F22a or F22b transmission. I've searched everywhere and the only info I could find was the same thread that Smokeeey420 posted.

Comment

u dont want and m2s4, neither h2a5
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I have an m2s4 and I love it. You can find out what RPMS it cruised at before. Thats the other way to find out other than stampings and looking through the axle holes to make sure its LSD equipped or not.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                    I have an m2s4 and I love it. You can find out what RPMS it cruised at before. Thats the other way to find out other than stampings and looking through the axle holes to make sure its LSD equipped or not.
                    yup, straight through = lsd
                    bar in the middle = no lsd
                    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                    newer race video,older race videos
                    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Does anyone have an H22/H23 transmission laying around that they could look at for me? If so, look right beside where the shift fork comes out. It should say "PX5-2". Then "PX5-1" is located right above the hole where the axels go in. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Comment

Ill take a look at it next week when I get back in town in Texas. Ill give you an answer then if not earlier. Got a busy sched this week.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks man. So u like the h22 motor - h23 tranny combo? Thats what I wanted originally but I couldnt mind an m2s4 with under 100k miles on it. Plus I got this jdm trans for $350 shipped which is a good deal as long as its H22.

Comment

Nobody has an H22 or H23 tranny laying around that they could look at for me?
                            Last edited by Speedfiend92lx; 01-03-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfiend92lx View Post
                              Nobody has an H23 or H23 tranny laying around that they could look at for me?
                              h22 or h23 you mean?

Wish I could help. When I did my tranny swap, I had prelude tranny with lsd and prelude tranny without lsd. The lsd tranny has a larger housing. Also, as mentioned above, the lsd has a straight shot where the axles connect.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                              X