Idle problems, need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problems, need help!!!

So for a while now my car has been having a bad idle. I replaced the rear mount with a new one over the summer and now the idle seems to be just as bad. I originally thought it was the injectors, but after replacing those theres no change. In fact, today my car died twice before i finally decided to just start it up, gun it and try to get it to idle. The cars fine when its moving. Today was the first time that it started up and then died. What do you guys think this is? My only idea is the EGR valve. I dunno if it matters, but theres a hole in the exhaust, somewhere around the cat. Thanks for the help guys

hmm.. a rough idle is one of the hardest things to diagnose.

could be electrical. maybe your wires are going, maybe your cap/rotor are going, maybe your spark plugs are going.

could be just your throttle cable is a loose and needs to be tightened. Maybe there's a sensor thats not completley connected. injectors, but you said you already did that. fuel pump, fuel lines.

the exaust shouldnt affect it at all.

again a rough idle is the hardest thing to figure out, good luck..
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

yeah its killing me too. i would say go with the throte cable. maybe its not good.
      do u have automatic or manual? start from here
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

its an auto, woudl the throttle cable cause it to have bad idle only when its not moving?

Comment

Have the Timing Checked.
          1991 Honda Accord Ex
          Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
          Totoro Squad #2

Comment

maybe the throttle position sensor

Comment

Have you cleaned the IACV? Throttle Body and Plate? Changed the cap, rotor, plugs, and wires? Replaced the fuel filter?

It's also possible that your idle needs adjusting....Is it just too low? Surging?

Comment

Ok, so the plugs wires and rotor/cap are all new. The idle is where is is suppossed to be, except for when it starts to die. Not sure about the fuel filter, how do you clean the IACV and throttle body?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=cleaning

http://www.angelfire.com/ex2/accordztech/IAC.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X