EGR block-off plate & No CEL solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR block-off plate & No CEL solution

This is to clarify some incorrect information out there. I have confirmed this through testing in reverting my red Accord back to a stock F22a4 motor setup with stock PT3 ECU, from a performance chipped P06 ECU setup:

Installing an EGR block-off plate with a stock PT3 or PT6 ECU requires the EGR valve to be electronically & vacuum connected, as well as the EGR control solenoid in the emissions control box.

If you install the EGR block-off plate with only the EGR valve connected electronically & vacuum, that will still throw a CEL, as the EGR control solenoid needs to be operational as well.

If you have chipped ECU that does not recognize and EGR system, you are all set (ie. P06, etc). All you need to run is the MAP sensor from the emissions control box and can eliminate the rest.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 02-26-2009, 01:46 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

what is the size and pitch of the egr studs, since if you did get the egr plate, smaller bolts would be needed since the studs are too long to just reuse the nuts.

im on a p06 and elim the emissions box, but still have the egr, and def ordering a plate now.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
      what is the size and pitch of the egr studs, since if you did get the egr plate, smaller bolts would be needed since the studs are too long to just reuse the nuts.

im on a p06 and elim the emissions box, but still have the egr, and def ordering a plate now.
      You can leave the studs and reuse the nuts for a block-off plate. Use washers to shim, if needed.

Comment

I thought this was well known A chipped p06/p28/p72 doesn't look for the egr.

You guys can order block off plates from KMS, or from www.roskoracing.com. Rosko's look sexier, but KMS is cheaper(12 shipped I think).

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i knew emissions disappeared and all that, like stated by hondafan, all that you need is map. i dont have the box anymore, just the map, and my charcoal canister is gone. i plugged all hte i/m ports, all thats left is just ordering a block off plate and ridding of that next.

anyways, ebay has the kms ones for 26 shipped. so if these rosko ones are nicer looking then ill spring for one. EDIT: rosko is sexy, with those smooth ass allen head bolts.

also i would want it bolted in, not shimmed for a cleaner look.
          Last edited by bagoon316; 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

I never got a CEL right away when I removed all the emissions crap, but it came on roughly 4 months later! W/e, I'm getting closer to a P06 anyways

Comment

i dont understand how these people make money with billet shit cnc machined.

for me to custom make one by hand, it still takes me 30 minutes and it is never as nice as the cnc machined ones.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder...

It is true that most people know about chipped P06 ECU, etc do not recognize EGR systems, so you are fine when installing an EGR block-off plate with those ECUs.

However, most people don't know or do not document that when using stock PT3/PT6 ECUs that you not only need to keep the EGR valve electronically connected, but you need the EGR control solenoid connected as well.

All I see constantly is, "Oh just keep your EGR valve electronically connected, install the block-off plate and your fine." Well, if you don't have the emissions control box when doing this (specifically EGR control solenoid), you will still get a CEL.

Comment

So essentially, all you need is the chipped p06/28/72 and the block-off plate..?

You dont even need to remove the EGR itself?

Is there a DIY on location/installation of the plate itself, etc? I dont wanna play around with emissions, but it seems the deeper i dive into it, the worse it gets. Not to mention, aside from Emo's, the things isnt really even needed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

the plate just goes in bwtween the gasket and egr valve.,
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Hmm...i'll be damned.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                      X