Crank pulley fitment for H22s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank pulley fitment for H22s

Okay i've just about had it w/ my power steering issues...something is causing my belt to constantly slip off. First it was the pump that had a bad bearing, then i fixed that, but now its still doing it w/ a brand new pump. I think the issue is the crank pulley I've got on the engine. I'm using the Accord one which upon closer inspection has only 4 ribs instead of 5 that the Prelude one has. But i'm looking down there and it looks like the Prelude one won't fit.

Is this true? or are there any members out there using the Prelude crank pulley w/ success? I've got a JDM engine if that matters. But what I've realized is, for the past 3 belts that have shred off, its only the end rib part that gives way, then the whole belt comes off. Will the Prelude crank fit in between the frame w/o hitting?

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

im not sure why youre having these problems, but yes, the H22 one will fit... explain the full setup that you have. which pump and bracket? what belt?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
      im not sure why youre having these problems, but yes, the H22 one will fit... explain the full setup that you have. which pump and bracket? what belt?
      I've got the prelude H22 VTEC P11 pump, and then a custom line made w/ the end fitting for the prelude but the rack fitting for the accord. So i'm using the Accord line w/ the prelude end crimped onto it, professionally done at a hydrolic line place. The bracket I have is also for the H22 prelude.

But right now as it sits, will i need to lower the engine to get the prelude pulley on? since it has 1 more rib? or will it slide onto the crank just fine where the engines at?

Do you recommend this pulley as a performance upgrade? http://www.unorthodoxracing.com/Item...e=25&Model=117
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 04-14-2009, 09:51 PM.

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Im using the stock Accord PT1 crank pulley on my H22.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
          Im using the stock Accord PT1 crank pulley on my H22.
          are you using power steering? any issues?

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I keep shredding alt belts on mine. I've gone through 3 since December.

It mostly happens when I rev over 8k though.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

u can use a 94-97 accord too 5 ribs

and u can move the belt to close to the fender or to the motor, that what i have and did have on the H

no problems at all

JUST MAKE SURE

there aint no chips in the pulley

PS why u runnig PS?
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

you can bolt your accord power steering pully to the h22 power steering pump. use an impact to remove it and install the other, that will give you 4 ribs on both,

i have a jdm h22 but the pully is chipped around the edges so i dont want to use it, this was what i came up with to solve the problem. although im still not sure i actually want to keep it.
                Last edited by GreenMadness; 04-15-2009, 01:37 AM.
                Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  I keep shredding alt belts on mine. I've gone through 3 since December.

It mostly happens when I rev over 8k though.
                  you know what? I had my first belt on there w/o shredding anything until I got a chipped ECU. Now I can rev to 8k and about a week after I got it, my belt started givin' issues. But I still think its the pulley missing the rib though.

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                  u can use a 94-97 accord too 5 ribs

and u can move the belt to close to the fender or to the motor, that what i have and did have on the H

no problems at all

JUST MAKE SURE

there aint no chips in the pulley

PS why u runnig PS?
                  yeah there is ONE chip on it, about the size of a thumbnail tip on the outer edge of the power steering cog lip. Thats why I'm kinda hesitant on putting it on. But if all goes well, my friend has a spare H22 crank pulley I can have.

I gotta have PS. Since I spent all that money fabricating a custom hi pressure line, rebuilt my rack w/ new boots and tierods and bought a remanufactured PS pump, I kinda still want to keep it.

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                  you can bolt your accord power steering pully to the h22 power steering pump. use an impact to remove it and install the other, that will give you 4 ribs on both,

i have a jdm h22 but the pully is chipped around the edges so i dont want to use it, this was what i came up with to solve the problem. although im still not sure i actually want to keep it.
                  well the problem is the prelude P/S pulley I think is 1 rib past the Accord Crank pulley, so thats why the belt has a tendency to wanna jump off of the crank pulley and eventually shred itself.

So anyone think those Unorthodox underdrive pulleys are a good idea? I'm kinda on the fence on it b/c the stock OEM crank weighs 5.28 lbs and this one only weighs 1.28 or something. A diff. of 4 lbs! so that is tempting.
                  Last edited by Losiracer2; 04-15-2009, 02:05 AM.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

well the problem is the prelude P/S pulley I think is 1 rib past the Accord Crank pulley, so thats why the belt has a tendency to wanna jump off of the crank pulley and eventually shred itself.

So anyone think those Unorthodox underdrive pulleys are a good idea? I'm kinda on the fence on it b/c the stock OEM crank weighs 5.28 lbs and this one only weighs 1.28 or something. A diff. of 4 lbs! so that is tempting.

i understand the prelude PS pulley has more ribs, so remove said pulley, then take the pulley off your old F22 pump and stick i on the prelude pump. contiune to run your accord crank shaft pulley so that you have a match on both sides of the belt, a stock accord 4 rib belt on a stock accord 4 rib crank pulley on a stock accord 4 rib PS pulley.

o and please dont go unorthdox, they aren't quality, and the stock pulley already has a small rotational moment of inertia due to the bulk material being near the center. i wouldn't sacrifice the design and planning that honda used when designing your pulley, for a product thats only design consideration was manfacturing costs / profit.

and lastly... why is everyone reving to 8k>? i am getting a chipped ECU, but the JDM stock redline is still only 7,200 right? and the rev limit was at 7,800? so is the JDM h22 actually suited to go to 8k and make power from the factory... with just a chipped ecu?
                    Last edited by GreenMadness; 04-15-2009, 12:24 PM.
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Mines not stock, although the head is. H22 heads can handle 8k just fine. Mine makes power all the way to 7.5k in 4th gear on the dyno. Shifting at 8k on the street is perfect for it.

But once actually tuned, the basic i/h/e'd h22 can rev to 8k as well.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

okay so back to this...even if I have a pretty small chip on the pulley, I can't use it? will it screw up anything? its on the P/S cog part of the pulley

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

^I had afew chips on my CP, on the p/s steering row, I cleaned those areas up w/ a triangular file and when I run p/s, it's fine and always has been. If you clean up the chips so the belt will not get chewed up, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                            ^I had afew chips on my CP, on the p/s steering row, I cleaned those areas up w/ a triangular file and when I run p/s, it's fine and always has been. If you clean up the chips so the belt will not get chewed up, you'll be fine.
                            yeah i decided to swap them out tonight. HOLY SHIT! my car accelerates MUCH quicker now w/ this Prelude crank pulley. Its somewhat smaller in diameter, so idk, that must affect it. I also noticed my voltage is more constant, around 14.4 vs 13.7 w/ the old one. I had a bitch of a time finding the right belt though. Since I swapped pulleys I didn't think that the pulley dia. would change so i was stuck w/ my accord belt. I had to go all over town to find the right one for the Alt/ AC and crank. It was a 42.5 inch 5 rib belt. The 6 rib wouldn't fit b/c of my Alt and AC being accord ones.

I don't notice any detrimental affects from that chip in the pulley so all seems good for now...I'm going to bed, work at 745

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

What's the current set-up you have for your pulley system?
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X