diy filled motor mounts question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diy filled motor mounts question?

i know my front and drivers side are busted, i'm not sure about my rear since they are busted old and cracked do they NEED to be replaced or can i just fill them with the uretherane or window weld stuff? i never though motor mounts would be this pricey it's like almost $50 each

the reason i ask is because my car will shudder/vibrate when i accelerate pretty heavily, at like 3k+

i'm not sure if it's my alignment yet or not, or cv boots? but i kno the motor mounts aren't helping either lol..

edit: is this mount filledable? or needs to be replaced?
    Last edited by cvc7chris; 06-04-2009, 10:47 AM.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

You can fill them if they aren't COMPLETELY fucked. As long as the center bushing(where the bolt goes through) is still intact with the rest of the mount then it's good. If it falls out, it's time to get a new one, or at least one from a jy you can fill.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

is this mount fillable? or would i need to replace it?

Comment

That mount looks fillable. It hasn't completely torn and the rubber is still strong and intact enough so that it holds the centerpiece in the right place.

Do it very soon though

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
          That mount looks fillable. It hasn't completely torn and the rubber is still strong and intact enough so that it holds the centerpiece in the right place.
          i hope there bolted down to specs, most of the stuff in my car has never been reaplaced like my fuel filter was oem fro 1992. probably the mounts too..and what should i use to fill them and any diy? i searched but didn't really find much

Comment

Someone posted a link to a how to just a couple days ago. Use the search key on WindowWeld or polyurethane fill or filled and look at the most recent results. you should find it

Comment

It was lucid:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=118013

Comment

You think you got shuttering and vibration now just wait till you fill the mounts.

Your car will feel like a vibrator at idle.

LOL Whatever floats your boat i guess.

Comment

the problem was the front wheels i won't be doing this now.

the front wheels are unbalanced

Comment

You still should though, McMaster Carr

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005 View Post
                      You think you got shuttering and vibration now just wait till you fill the mounts.

Your car will feel like a vibrator at idle.

LOL Whatever floats your boat i guess.

Well couldn't you just use a much softer filling compound than Window Weld? At McMaster Carr? they might have something that's more in line with the original rubber in the mounts.

Comment

the vibration u get is good though...
                        Less movement from everything is better...It may translate into more vibes at idle....but its cool...

Comment

the vibration u get is good though...
                          Less movement from everything is better...It may translate into more vibes at idle....but its cool...

Comment

make sure you get the 94a durometer polyurethane from mcmaster carr. otherwise you're just wasting your time.
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I'm about to fill mines, my front mount are shot. Anytime when I drive between 55 mph to 80. It shakes the front of the car when I press the gas like when I go up a hill. When I go down hill it doesn't shake as bad, but it still shakes when I gas it. If your car is shaking anytime you gas its more than likely one of your motor mounts. It should be swaped out for better ones asap, cause it will cause more problems to your car.
                              cb007
                              first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X