Black box and charcoal canister delete questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black box and charcoal canister delete questions

I'm looking to get rid of the black box that the map sensor is in and the charcoal canister but every thread I have found is lacking pictures. I have one that shows what the map sensor looks like but do I just unhook and cap everything else off? I need a little bit more information than what i've found and if nothing else i'll make a detailed DIY with plenty of pics. It's simple as hell from what i've read but i'd like to know a little bit more about it before I start pulling stuff out. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

here ya go:

map sensor, wires are cut tho.

I can go out to the black car and show you my setup if need be.
    You plan on deleting EGR? That is what is left in the black box.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

definitely wait until you can do the EGR delete. Than you won't throw a CEL code and run into issues. Thats why my gas mileage has gone down. The CEL pops up and forces the engine to run rich. not a major difference, but you notice with how much i drive.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know this subject has been covered a few times on here but I don't like to half ass things or jump into doing something if i'm not 100% about everything. So I need to wait until I have a block off plate for the EGR and can delete it all together I guess. See I never knew it would make the car run rich. I knew something in there would make it throw a CEL but wasn't sure what it was that would do it. Thanks again.

Comment

Yea I was pondering that subject the other day. My car has been tuned and has the EGR system disabled. I broke my charcoal canister the other day and I have been thinking if I need it or not. I also tried deleting that mystery box a while back and my car wouldnt start.

Comment

Ok so I have the charcoal canister removed and plugged all of the lines that went to it for now. There's one that comes out of the canister, goes along the firewall, and then goes towards the bottom of the car on the driver's side. I jacked the car up to see what it went to so I could remove that too or at least cut the hose and cap it off so I could make it as short as possible and out of site. The only problem is that it goes above a skid plate or something down there and I didn't have enough time to look into further. Does anyone know where it goes? I was told an evap solenoid. Can anyone help?

Comment

Do NOT cap off the vent line back to the tank, you will build up some serious tank pressure. Don't cut it back either, leave it alone. It's the line parallel w/ the fuel feed line to the fuel filter, leave it vented. HondaFan81 had an awesome write up aswell on this. If you have a chipped ecu, then delete all the EGR components, if you don't, keep them plugged in at least, valve doesn't have to be on the runners and use your plate.

Comment

Well my car isn't being driven right now so it has not been cranked since I plugged that line. Nobody ever mentioned anything about that line causing problems though lol. Thanks for letting me know. I'm about to go outside and get some pics just to be 100%.

Comment

Here's the hose i'm talking about. Hopefully this is the same one you thought I meant. The one marked in yellow.

Comment

Anyone? Anyone? If it's going to build up pressure and cause a problem it would be good to know. I have it plugged right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X