ABS Removal: Help ah Bradduh out mon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Removal: Help ah Bradduh out mon.

Alright fellahs, enough jamacian fakeness.

To those of you who don't know my car specifically, I have a 93 EX Coupe with a JDM H22A. Currently, I have removed the swap to clean up the engine bay, hoping to successfully color-match the exterior. For almost a year, I have had my car mildly tucked. Now that my engine and tranny is out, I am hoping to do an extreme tuck this time around.

So far all is going as planned. However, I'm not quite sure how to tackle deleting the ABS unit. Sure removing it is cake, but actually using the proper lines etc. to downgrade to a standard brake unit.

I would like to remove it to delete clutter. This is not my daily so I do understand the "why would you want to delete improved safety?" concern.

I have researched and found this link to be the best so far:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=abs+removal

Although this thread was created in 06, I'm not sure if there have been any updates or easier simpler procedures. This link is helpful but I'm more seeking a pictorial guide.

Do I have to rip out all the lines or just the front. What master cylinder must I use? And do I really need a DA (90-93 integra) prop valve?

Any feedback will help. I hope to tackle this by the end of this month. I'm getting ready to roll out to eibach in southern california to meet my down-south homies for the first time.

Thanks to all who contribute in advance.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Take a look @ some of my posts on ABS removals, they should def. help. It's pretty straight-forward and I will say this though: keep your stock EX m/c or move up to lude vtec, do not downgrade to DX/LX; 4040 PV all the way. ABS removal is an upgrade IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      Take a look @ some of my posts on ABS removals, they should def. help. It's pretty straight-forward and I will say this though: keep your stock EX m/c or move up to lude vtec, do not downgrade to DX/LX; 4040 PV all the way. ABS removal is an upgrade IMO.
      I'll look deeper into it. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?

93 'til infinity

Comment

Good Luck with this man, and post pics after you're done or of anything you find that will make the switch easier. I know I'll be looking to do this before too much longer.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Ill do you a big favor, and post pics this weekend. Im currently doing my swap, Gus JUST pulled out the ABS Units out last night, today he is going to remove the rest of the stuff. You get the idea of removing, on the install Ill have pics for. As far as parts needed:

-Keep EX MC, or upgrade
          -LX/DX Right Front Brake Line(the long one that goes across back)
          -LX/DX Left Front Brake Line (short)
          -all the lines(short) that come out from the master out of the LX, and go into prop valve(ur going to need to cut/install, and flange in the EX bolt into LX line, the one the goes into MC)
          -90-93 Integra prop valve.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
            Good Luck with this man, and post pics after you're done or of anything you find that will make the switch easier. I know I'll be looking to do this before too much longer.

Bro, you should see how much actual crap it is after you pull it all out. Car is about 20lbs+ lighter now.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Right on. Yeah let me know when you post the pics. I'm going to have a friend look at it as well. But every bit helps. I will try to take pics too. That way we can actually make a DIY thread. I'm sure a lot of people are looking into this.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Yea man definetly keep us posted! I'm dying to do this myself. I can't stand all the extra crap in my engine bay anymore, and my ABS doesn't even work (it would be nice if it did). The only thing that DIY didn't cover was removal of the wiring. He said he just "tucked" it away.... I'd like to see if there's a way to get all that wiring out too. Good luck bruddah lol

Comment

Update:

Got some lines from a 90 LX. Piece of cake since the motor was removed. There are a total of 4 lines. 2 small ones to the MC. 1 driver and one long passenger. cb7pr get at me when you get the pictures. Not sure about the reflanging deal. I do have a DA prop valve, but I didn't take the accord one. I don't know if it was necessary. Anyway post away. We're going to make some people happy here.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Hey guys, any updates or a sticky on this? I am planning on removing abs from my accord. Please let me know whats up.

Comment

i removed the ABS on my girls SE

jdm, it really helps out if you remove your intake manifold
                      throw the ex MC away
                      one thing you definitely need is a lx brake booster, since the rod on the abs one comes out 1 1/4" if you use your lx MC with that booster you drag your brakes
                      the teggy prop valve is actually to use your back brakes, the stock doenst do much for the back
                      whenever you swap boostes flip the booster upside down, the vacuum hose to the booster is going to be on the bottom (looks better)

as for your abs fuse box, you can cut all that wiring
                      disconnect the abs ecu on the pass side trunk pannel
                      and remove power from the abs fuse box

with the IM off is acutally pretty easy
                      get some stanley "fat max" pliers best cutting pliers, theyll dice through the lines like cake,
                      dont bother disconnecting lines just cut and cut and cut
                      its not like somebody else is going to use it
                      and have funnnnnnnnnnn
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Pr, can't you use a bb4 master and your stock booster? Fittings and Lines are the same as lx accord. And you should be able to use your stock booster

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                          Pr, can't you use a bb4 master and your stock booster? Fittings and Lines are the same as lx accord. And you should be able to use your stock booster
                          the Ex MC has a bigger fitting on the back, which you can get a reducer
                          but it really wont make any difference as far as pressure
                          lx MC is cheaper if it takes a shit

yes you can use bb4, but at the same time
                          its your choice abs or non abs
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I've always reflared the M12 ABS fitting on the non-ABS line, I couldn't bring myself to downgrading to a non-ABS mc and booster.

Comment

Can you or can you not use the stock abs brake booster and the prelude master cylinder and lx front lines. It has the m10 fitting in the rear and is still a 1 inch MC

Comment

Working...
                              X