Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the dealership give me the wrong thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the dealership give me the wrong thermostat?

Background post: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=170122

I got part 19301-PAA-306 from the dealership. An online search suggests this is the part for newer Accords.

There was no label on the thermostat or package saying what temp it opens at. It fits perfectly but my engine is running cool.

I saw something that suggested that 19301-PAA-316 may be the right part, but maybe it's discontinued or something.

Anybody know what's right? Or where I can find info on the subject?

Originally posted by aluminum13 View Post
    Background post: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=170122

I got part 19301-PAA-306 from the dealership. An online search suggests this is the part for newer Accords.

There was no label on the thermostat or package saying what temp it opens at. It fits perfectly but my engine is running cool.

I saw something that suggested that 19301-PAA-316 may be the right part, but maybe it's discontinued or something.

Anybody know what's right? Or where I can find info on the subject?
    316 just means it's a superceeded part number from 306.
    Either the part numbers were changed at honda, or the design was changed.

The application stays the same though.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      316 just means it's a superceeded part number from 306.
      Either the part numbers were changed at honda, or the design was changed.

The application stays the same though.
      Great, ok, so it's not the thermostat. Thanks.

Comment

You can run a variety of t-stats in the accord, the real oddball t-stat is the H22, all/most of the others are the same fitament. For example, I'm running a B series Mugen t-stat on my F22A.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          You can run a variety of t-stats in the accord, the real oddball t-stat is the H22, all/most of the others are the same fitament. For example, I'm running a B series Mugen t-stat on my F22A.
          I'm not surprised. I think the stat I have is applicable for a variety of civics as well.

Car is still running on the cool side... I'm going to call the dealership and see if they have info on the temp rating on it. I can't find info online...

Comment

Working...
          X