Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my clutch going again?

I changed my clutch in like Feb/March

The issues im having now is i'll be at a stoplight and go to put it in first gear. The clutch will be to the floor and it will be hard to get into first. I have to force it into gear.

I also get grinds at high rpm into third gear and I got one into second the other day.

My question is, Regardless of babying the car could this be my clutch going, clutch master cylinder or maybe t/o bearing or fork.

I changed the flywheel with the clutch and the t/o bearing and pressure plate.

Any advice please.

is it a racing clutch? or did you get the right clutch? i would of thought it would of been your bearing.
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

check all ur fluids and maybe ur bearing is going or u might have got the wrong clutch the best clutch to go with is oem

Comment

My bet is either the clutch plate or release bearing is going out. You COULD try and flush the clutch line to see if it MIGHT help but sounds to me like it is on it's way out.

How do you drive? Heavy footed? grandma? half and half? that would be the biggest factor on how long a clutch will last.

My .02
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Yes if you didn't break in the clutch properly, that can cause issues
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

could be the CMC or a pressure plate problem. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Any brake/hyraulic fluid leaking inside the cabin on the firewall or is the boot on the slave filled w/ fluid? Def. do a good check on the clutch m/c and slave. Also visually check travel @ clutch release fork.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
                The issues im having now is i'll be at a stoplight and go to put it in first gear. The clutch will be to the floor and it will be hard to get into first. I have to force it into gear.

I also get grinds at high rpm into third gear and I got one into second the other day.
                Mine always does this, Always has and so did my last CB - It's because 1st gear doesn't have a syncro.
                Just let the clutch out, put it back in, and try again - then it usually goes into 1st.

Grinding at high rpm during a gear change is normally caused by worn syncros in the gearbox.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

My car is similar. hard to put into first only in the morning when its cold. fine once it warms up. But i get grinds in 2nd and 3rd at high rpms. pretty sure its my tranny. Already have a spare tranny just waiting for the spring to swap. Racing clutch is brand new so dont plan on touchin it. Plus i had my flywheel machined. Anyway, my guess is the grindin is your tranny. As far as first gear i have found that low tranny oil can cause this...

Comment

I drive it pretty normal. It's not a racing clutch it's an oem from taz auto. I do race with the clutch flat foot and shift pretty hard sometimes.

I forgot to mention there is vibration and every time I release the clutch pedal it feels like it's scrapping or kinda pulse.

It feels like there isn't enough pressure to disengage the clutch when I put my foot on it.

I changed the Clutch slave but the master isn't leaking. Maybe the master isn't putting enough pressure through the lines?

New lines btw and I deleted the clutch dampener.

Comment

Is TAS a good quality clutch? I've got an Exedy Stg 1 and Fidanza flywheel for about 15k miles so far of hard driving and it feels the same as when I first installed it during my 5spd swap. Eliminated all that clutch dampener stuff and used a single braided line from the CMC to the slave. The response is instant, no lag, I can engage/disengage it fine.

My first gear isn't as easy to get into as the other 4 gears, but I think its due to what someone said up above, not having a syncro. So I usually press the clutch in all the way and then have to release it just a tiny little bit to make first engage when going from a dead stop

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

who the fuck keeps saying 1st doesnt have synchros? it's pissing me off.

http://store.gearspeedpartsstore.com/prh2215casys.html
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          who the fuck keeps saying 1st doesnt have synchros? it's pissing me off.
                          I did.

Could have sworn mine didn't have one when I stripped open my last gearbox.
                          As always, different market though . . .

I will recheck, but sorry if I accidentally made a mistake Wes

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I apologize for knowing what im talking about.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              I apologize for knowing what im talking about.

Win!!!
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X