No announcement yet.

Is my clutch going again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im having the same problem it started doing this last week my clutch wont come back up all the way, in the morning its all the way to the floor i have to use my hand to bring it back up and 3rd grinds and its hard to get it to 1st when im at stops

Comment

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
      im having the same problem it started doing this last week my clutch wont come back up all the way, in the morning its all the way to the floor i have to use my hand to bring it back up and 3rd grinds and its hard to get it to 1st when im at stops
      check for leaks, mine leaked where the dampener and the hardline for the slave cylinder.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

my pedal returns. I guess the issue just feels like there is no pressure in the clutch since I have to push it into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
          my pedal returns. I guess the issue just feels like there is no pressure in the clutch since I have to push it into gear.
          did you check your linkage from shifter to tranny? thoes rubber bushings often break these cars are pushing over 20 years

if its constantly hard your blocker ring on your first gear syncro is out

next time before you attempt to go in first gear try going into second and then back into first should help ya out there, won't fix your problem but should allow for smoother engagment

first gear has a syncro were talking early 90's honda here

btw, you mention you have a pulsation in the clutch pedal, explain this with some more detail , ie: engaged/disengaged?
          Last edited by 90blackcoupe; 01-12-2011, 09:45 PM.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
          4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
          yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
          1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
          1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            who the fuck keeps saying 1st doesnt have synchros? it's pissing me off.

http://store.gearspeedpartsstore.com/prh2215casys.html
            LOL thank you!
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by 90blackcoupe View Post
              did you check your linkage from shifter to tranny? thoes rubber bushings often break these cars are pushing over 20 years

if its constantly hard your blocker ring on your first gear syncro is out

next time before you attempt to go in first gear try going into second and then back into first should help ya out there, won't fix your problem but should allow for smoother engagment

first gear has a syncro were talking early 90's honda here

btw, you mention you have a pulsation in the clutch pedal, explain this with some more detail , ie: engaged/disengaged?
              wow spot on, I do have to go into second and then into first all the time because it engages a little better.

so is this the tranny?

And the pulsating is when I push down the clutch feels like a scrape on the pedal. And then when I release it's a "Pop pop pop" when I slowly release it.

Comment

wow spot on, I do have to go into second and then into first all the time because it engages a little better.

so is this the tranny?

And the pulsating is when I push down the clutch feels like a scrape on the pedal. And then when I release it's a "Pop pop pop" when I slowly release it.

I would do you slave and master cylinder... Since these are far easier to change than your clutch and honestly need to be changed anyways as far as preventive maintence goes.

Your issues sound like a slave and master cyclinder issue. Because once the clutch is engaged (ur foot off the pedal) everything is good right?

As for ur trans... This is iffy... Depends on if the trans has been beat on or not... I say that because a freind with a Teggy had a cluth pressue issue, and tho we could still dissengage the clutch after much pumping of the pedal, it will still grind a lil and bitch going into gears do to the clutch not being fully disengaged. Once we fixed the slave master cylinder issue, trans shifted like butter... Also, try changing the trans fluid as well. This is commonly overlooked and made my trans feel way better with some good fluids.

If the trans is bad, perfect time to do a clutch as you know.

Unfortunatly u won't know if the trans is bad untill you can ensure that your clutch system is funtioning properly. Unless you know that the trans has never been beat on and that it just started doing this randomly. Now if this occured after a few months of high rpm shift and ripping the shifter from 1st to second often. Then ur trans may be bad too. Also depending on how long this griding has been going on you may have damaged ur tranny as well. More experinced people can chime in on this though.

Ur issues seems to be shifting / Engaging and disengaging the clutch which can lead to the grinding. Not the clutch slipping durring acceleration. Thus I would deem this the M & S cylinders.

My .02

If im wrong please correct me. Im still new to the whole mechnics game, but after the issues i stumbled across during my H22 swap yea, I learned far mar than i intended too lol...
                Last edited by tgdrums1990; 01-13-2011, 01:59 PM.
                My System
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

if only 1 & 3 are the problem, your 1st and 3rd blocker rings are out, replace tranmission.

if you are catching second, fourth, and fifth your clutch system is fine, your clutch system would be a problem if all gears would grind, but since you said only 1 and 3 are your problem, I would say tranny 100%.

try replacing tranny gear oil before you replace tranny might make a lil better or might be too late either way its cheaper to try first before you go and drop tranny.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                    I would do you slave and master cylinder... Since these are far easier to change than your clutch and honestly need to be changed anyways as far as preventive maintence goes.

Your issues sound like a slave and master cyclinder issue. Because once the clutch is engaged (ur foot off the pedal) everything is good right?

As for ur trans... This is iffy... Depends on if the trans has been beat on or not... I say that because a freind with a Teggy had a cluth pressue issue, and tho we could still dissengage the clutch after much pumping of the pedal, it will still grind a lil and bitch going into gears do to the clutch not being fully disengaged. Once we fixed the slave master cylinder issue, trans shifted like butter... Also, try changing the trans fluid as well. This is commonly overlooked and made my trans feel way better with some good fluids.

If the trans is bad, perfect time to do a clutch as you know.

Unfortunatly u won't know if the trans is bad untill you can ensure that your clutch system is funtioning properly. Unless you know that the trans has never been beat on and that it just started doing this randomly. Now if this occured after a few months of high rpm shift and ripping the shifter from 1st to second often. Then ur trans may be bad too. Also depending on how long this griding has been going on you may have damaged ur tranny as well. More experinced people can chime in on this though.

Ur issues seems to be shifting / Engaging and disengaging the clutch which can lead to the grinding. Not the clutch slipping durring acceleration. Thus I would deem this the M & S cylinders.

My .02

If im wrong please correct me. Im still new to the whole mechnics game, but after the issues i stumbled across during my H22 swap yea, I learned far mar than i intended too lol...
                    why? how can he catch 2nd 4th and 5th but not 1st and 3rd If it can pressurize and engage one gear fine it can pressurize and engage all fine. Clutch system is hydraulic it operates all the same if slave fails all gears fail not just one or two or three. All will fail, its not the salve I can tell you that much.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I drive it pretty normal. It's not a racing clutch it's an oem from taz auto. I do race with the clutch flat foot and shift pretty hard sometimes.

this is why Im saying its your blocker rings as well you do admit to shifting pretty hard, well guess what you mis shift one or twice thats all thoes blocker rings need. they are brass.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X