X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HenRoc
    replied
    Originally posted by ukaccord92 View Post
    hi guyz how ya'll doin i really need ya help on this . you see ive swaped out my brake system from drums to disc on my 5th gen accord vtl f22b vtec non abs, changed the mc booster (originally nm 240v) to nm260v , master brake cylinder from 13/16 to 15/16 from a prelude wo/ abs.
    the original proportional valve in the car is a 2530 .
    i got two proportional valves but not sure which upgrade to go with , a 4040 from a integra i purchased from ebay usa or the 3540 from a 92 - 95 jdm prelude h22a .
    im wondering which one would be just right ..
    can someone with the understanding about braking shed some light on this ?
    ive also upgraded to the accord 1998 v6 front calipers or should be using the prelude or accords calipers ?

So to decipher what your trying to bloody say (no offense I love the slang bloody ) .

So on your 5th gen. You did the following:

- Switched out the rear drum setup and converted to rear disc.
    - Your car does not have ABS
    - Switched the smaller Accord brake booster to a larger one from an H22 Prelude
    - And you also change to a bigger brake master cylinder but now you're unsure of which proportioning valve you need or want to use.

To answer your bloody (again no offense!) question most of the guys who delete ABS use the Integra 40/40 proportioning valve because it distributes an equal force between the front and rear brakes.

Last thing you want is the rears to lock up solid before the fronts do..and yeah that's not something you want to take a guess on either.

I hope this bloody answer helps you out.

And i'd recommend using Prelude VTEC calipers.

Leave a comment:

• Tippey764
    replied
    Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    you don't type like someone from the uk. later.
    How should someone like the UK talk?

Leave a comment:

• ChIoVnIdCa
    replied
    Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    Maybe he is trying to fit in and watched to many southern movies/ tv shows...

The 4040 is the most commonly used one.

Leave a comment:

• TypeG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ukaccord92
    started a topic help wit deciding which to use

help wit deciding which to use

hi guyz how ya'll doin i really need ya help on this . you see ive swaped out my brake system from drums to disc on my 5th gen accord vtl f22b vtec non abs, changed the mc booster (originally nm 240v) to nm260v , master brake cylinder from 13/16 to 15/16 from a prelude wo/ abs.
    the original proportional valve in the car is a 2530 .
    i got two proportional valves but not sure which upgrade to go with , a 4040 from a integra i purchased from ebay usa or the 3540 from a 92 - 95 jdm prelude h22a .
    im wondering which one would be just right ..
    can someone with the understanding about braking shed some light on this ?
    ive also upgraded to the accord 1998 v6 front calipers or should be using the prelude or accords calipers ?
    Last edited by ukaccord92; 07-16-2011, 08:28 PM.
Working...
X