91 EX TCM troubles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 EX TCM troubles??

Hi all. I'm working on a 91 EX for a guy, and can't beat it. Shawn hayden referred me to this site by the way.... Originally, the car had transmission problems. I bought a transmission from a 92 that Shawn owned. The tranny has been installed, but there are still problems. Minutes before I got the car to do the job, the battery light came on. No problem. I put a new alternator on it after putting the tranny in. After all the work, the alternator lasted 10 miles (remanufactured from Advance Auto Parts). Here are the current problems:

While driving, sometimes the speedo quits for a short time, then the S light flashes. This light resets with the key. There is nothing abnormal happening at the time as far as slowing down, speeding up, stopping, etc. The first time this happened, the alternator quit charging at the same time and the battery light came on. I'm on the second alternator now, and it's lasted about 25 miles. When the S light is flashing, I jump the service conn. and got 4 short flashes on the S light.

I've done a major search on this site, and found plenty of threads, but no answers. Anyone??? Thanks for any replies in advance
    Last edited by jonyb; 03-15-2005, 06:44 PM.

got some probs their jon sound like it i have no clue these guys will hook you up ant like worling on a teg is it
    1992 Honda Accord LX Sedan

NAME WHORE HATER #1

Comment

I dunno, sounds like you have a pretty unique problem. If you keep blowing alternators maybe there is a bad ground somewhere? :dunno: Just trying to help.
      ProjectParty.net
      Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

Originally posted by slow904door
        got some probs their jon sound like it i have no clue these guys will hook you up ant like worling on a teg is it
        Sure isn't. I have learned a lot in the last few days from this site and Shawn. Just wish I could get this thing fixed and out the door

Comment

disconnected sensor coupler
          short of open in speed sensor wire
          foulty speed sensor
          that is code 4 on the tcm.

as for the altenator u should check the grounds. all of them. and make sure the plug on the altenator and that bolt that keeps the cable in the alternator are tight.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The alternator bolts are tight. Any chance the TCM could be bad even though it's flashing 4? Or is it for sure something in the VSS?

Comment

I second that, vss sets off those symptoms...except the alternator I can't explain that.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

the code is the vss. maybe u guys didn't conect everything right. make sure its tight and make sure the big bolt that holds the shaft to the tranny is tight too.

for the alternator make sure the tranny ground is conected. (front left side)
                make sure all the grounds are conected and the ground at the vavle cover.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

remove any aftermarket stereo wires. Make sure the Main ground strap to the tranny is bolted up and the surfaces are cleanly connected. Double check all plugs to make sure there is no lose connections. Inspect any modifications done previously for wires being grounded out. Or make it simple and install a new engine wire harness.

Comment

Working...
                  X