Clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutches

I am looking to upgrade my clutch soon. I have an exedy organic right now, but I am going to need a bigger torque capacity soon. I am looking at these kevlar and carbon clutches. What do you guys think? I need it to hold at least 250wtq

http://www.specclutch.com/products.html
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

well since i havent driven mine yet, i could only go with what i was told so with that...im doing the 5-speed swap so i needed a new clutch. i read a post on AD.com (clutch101) that mentioned action clutch as one of the best clutch manufacturers out there and luckily theyre located pretty close to me so i gave them a call and talked to alex, owner of action clutch. just the customer service and his patience with my questions would bring me back to him to buy another car and recomend my friends to go to him. anyway, we talked about what setup i was going to go with (turbo to get 250 whp) and how i was going to use the car (daily driven with some track time) and came to the conclusion that i should go with a sprung (so the tranny will last longer) full face (easier for the daily driving and will alst longer than puck clutches) kevlar (strong material with excellant grip) clutch disk and i paired that with a lightened chro-moly flywheel (10lb). your best bet is to call him or someone in teh same business as him and talk about how yore going to use the clutch and what not. again, i highly reomend him since he was very helpful and very informative about the accord (knew about the h22 going into our cars...not many shops know about that) and performance aspect of the import. if you want to talk to him, his name is Alex of action clutch...323-269-6051

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

just a quick note,, factory cluthes, flywheel, etc, are capable of 250hp to the flywheel. but you need 250 to the wheels..?? damn! thats alot of power. good luck with your axles..
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
        just a quick note,, factory cluthes, flywheel, etc, are capable of 250hp to the flywheel. but you need 250 to the wheels..?? damn! thats alot of power. good luck with your axles..
        those could be upgraded to stronger axles...the driveshaft shop has them i think...or you could always do the cryogenic thing to make them stronger...getting stronger axles isnt too hard to do

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

honda power!!!!!!!
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
            those who run turbos burn through their clutches like mad. It's not the hp to worry about, its the torque.

Arrozburner, everything you want to do is what I am going to do. Daily driver with some track time, and the clutch on the website I said is full face kevlar with a sprung center, so It looks as though I will go with that.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
            X