How do you remove the "Black Vacuum Box"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you remove the "Black Vacuum Box"

Hi I am sure this has already been asked but I can't seem to find it so I am going to ask again. I have done the H22A swap and I have the MAP sensor on top of my T.B. Ok with that said I was changing the fuel filter the other day and that stupid black box with all the vacuum lines and the stock MAP sensor is just in my way and I would like to just remove it to clean up the bay and also to make it easier to get to the fuel filter. I was told I can just wire the MAP to the MAP on the T.B. but what do I do with the other vacuum lines and sensors?
    Thank you for your help and time,
    Cody

If youre positive the tb map is going to work all you need from the box are the map wires. You can remove and plug the vacuum lines.

Comment

youll lose your egr and throw a CEL

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
        youll lose your egr and throw a CEL
        Yep,

everything in that box is emissions related. Think seriously before removing it. Its really not even that noticable in the engine bay if everything is all cleaned up. If anything just unbolt it and relocated it downward on the firewall if your really that worried about it.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I did it once what a mistake.

Comment

Yeah I don't want to toss a CEL I like my dash being clean thanks for the tips anyways guys

Comment

I know this thread is a little old.

But why will you throw a code for egr if you remove the black box?

Can you not just use another vacuum port on the manifold?
              The electrical connection goes to the ECU. Correct?

steve
              Last edited by Stoner51; 01-27-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Any accord/prelude ecu will look for the EGR components in that black box. However, any obd1 chippable civic/integra ecu, like a P06 or a P28, does not have EGR built in, so the black box can be deleted, minus the map. So, the vacuum part is not the issue, it's the ecu that either looks/doesn't look for EGR.

Comment

Thanks.

steve
                  Last edited by Stoner51; 01-27-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X