X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool shops sell them.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Well where did you think I was looking? The grocery store? In the good old USofA it is rough to find some metric tools especially with a 3/4" impact reciever. I'm going to scour Sears and Harbor Freight again later today.

Comment

Check out what he says under his name.

Check out this web site if you cannot get lucky with Sears or Harbor Freight.
        http://www.tooltopia.com/search.aspx...&category=3857
        A&P-IA

Comment

never mind guys i got sick of dumping money in this car so I put it back together and junked it. The body was all rusted and the engine had low oil pressure so I was done with it.

Thanks for all your help.
          1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

Another one bites the dust....

Comment

well that sucks. but at least you tried
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                Well where did you think I was looking? The grocery store? In the good old USofA it is rough to find some metric tools especially with a 3/4" impact reciever. I'm going to scour Sears and Harbor Freight again later today.
                Actually since you didn't stipulate which shop/s you had actually tried, I figured you were looking somewhere like Wallmart.

Any quality Tool shop will be able to get a 19mm 3/4 socket.
                They may have to get it in, but that doesn't mean they don't have it.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

LOL @ walmart tools, I like my tools to last longer than one use. I didn't even know Walmart had impact tools. Do they have Walmarts in New Zealand?

I generally am (like most Americans) all about instant gratification. If I need to order it, I don't get it there I go somewhere else and look. I'm just impatient. My cheap tools come from Harbor Freight or the pawn shop generally.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                    I generally am (like most Americans) all about instant gratification. If I need to order it, I don't get it there I go somewhere else and look. I'm just impatient. My cheap tools come from Harbor Freight or the pawn shop generally.
                    No we don't have Walmarts here.
                    And If we did I sure wouldn't get tools from there.

And that was my original point which still stands - Tool shops sell them

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Also, to broaden the horizon, 19mm is equal to 3/4", so you could also hunt down a 3/4" drive 3/4" socket. If you have time, there's always good deals on eBay for individual sockets, that's what I did for afew 3/4" and 1" drive tools/sockets.

Comment

Working...
                      X