X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrLove'sKuDang
    replied
    Originally posted by dwf137
    With what you've explained, it's not the main relay. If it doesn't matter if it's hot or cold there's no way that it's your main relay.

it sounds to me like it's either running rich, or a timing issue.
    the timing is advanced a little over stock spec, and i probably am running rich. guess ill eliminate one of those options after i get retuned.

Leave a comment:

• 91hybridaccord
    replied
    Originally posted by dwf137
    With what you've explained, it's not the main relay. If it doesn't matter if it's hot or cold there's no way that it's your main relay.

I did actually have the timing checked, but it was dead on, and of course H22s always run rich no matter what, but that wasn't the problem. When I turned the Key to the on position, I recieved no fuel Pressure according to the Fuel Pressure Gauge....And my Fuel Pump was brand new. I asked Scott aka 2point6 about the issue, and we solved the problem by putting in a new main relay.....I'm not saying that your wrong but this is what I found effective, and I haven't had a problem since.

Leave a comment:

• dwf137
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 91hybridaccord
    replied
    Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
    really? it can cause it not to restart after a stall ONLY. and it does turn over normally, just doesnt start. last time i had a main relay problem the car wouldnt even turn over
    Pretty Much all of the 90-93 Accords down here in Tucson that I know of have had their main relays replaced because of problems like this....My accord especially has had this problem....but it occoured at extremely random times. It always started right up when it was cold, but in the warmer weather, or when the car was warmed up, I would sometimes accidently stall it, or park it somewhere for a few minutes and when I tried to start it back up, it didn't start. I thought it was a bad tune or something, but I looked into it some more, and I found out that it was my main relay, so I replaced it and I haven't had any more problems with my car starting.

Leave a comment:

• micksf22accord
    replied
    really? it can cause it not to restart after a stall ONLY. and it does turn over normally, just doesnt start. last time i had a main relay problem the car wouldnt even turn over
    I dont think its the relay

Leave a comment:

• DrLove'sKuDang
    replied
    Originally posted by fizzbob7
    i think it's a main relay too

Leave a comment:

• DrLove'sKuDang
    replied
    Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
    could u be running that rich at idle? to cause it to flood? making it difficult to restart.. and once it did restart it would take a few seconds to get rid of the fuel.. makes sense.. u need sometuning dood..
    thats what i was thinking, but i didnt really have any facts to make that assumption.

and ive had my relay resoldered before cause it was messed up. but i dont think it would be causing it this time. cause its only on a stall restart, whether or not its on a hot or cold start. and it doesnt matter if its hot or cold... if i start the car normally without having just stalled, it always starts fine.

Leave a comment:

• 4doorex93
    replied
    I agree check the main relay.

Leave a comment:

• 91hybridaccord
    replied
    on a cold start, it starts up fine. when im driving around and turn the car off, and then restart... its fine. but sometimes when the car is initially warming up, and it fully warms up... the rpms drop as they should. but sometimes my rpms drop a tad too much into the 500's for a second. most of the time they will dip down and them come back up steady to mid 700's. but when it does stall out. restarting is always difficult. i completely turn the car off and try to restart, but it takes a few seconds ALWAYS. it turns over at a normal pace, doesnt sound like when the battery is low, but it just doesnt start.

when it does finally start again, it stumbles in the low 500-600's for a second or so, and then raises up to normal. why do i only have problems restarting after a stall? under normal conditions i can turn off and start all day with no hesitation.
    You might want to have your main relay checked out.....This is a common problem in our cars and it will cause problems like this...

Leave a comment:

• WiKKeDV16
    replied
    on a cold start, it starts up fine. when im driving around and turn the car off, and then restart... its fine. but sometimes when the car is initially warming up, and it fully warms up... the rpms drop as they should. but sometimes my rpms drop a tad too much into the 500's for a second. most of the time they will dip down and them come back up steady to mid 700's. but when it does stall out. restarting is always difficult. i completely turn the car off and try to restart, but it takes a few seconds ALWAYS. it turns over at a normal pace, doesnt sound like when the battery is low, but it just doesnt start.

when it does finally start again, it stumbles in the low 500-600's for a second or so, and then raises up to normal. why do i only have problems restarting after a stall? under normal conditions i can turn off and start all day with no hesitation.
    could u be running that rich at idle? to cause it to flood? making it difficult to restart.. and once it did restart it would take a few seconds to get rid of the fuel.. makes sense.. u need sometuning dood..

Leave a comment:

• lowoctane
    replied

i had this problem, i would start it fine on first try, after it was at normal temp and driven for a little bit, i shut off go back say minute later or not even, while the car is still nice and hot i would go and try to start, RPM's would jump to normal starting rpms and then just sputter and shut off, then i would try and try to start it back up but wouldnt, then i would let it sit for a couple minutes and it would fire up, but with a nasty low idle...but my problems why it did this where

1. oil soaked plugs
    2. fowled plugs
    3. needed A MAJOR IDLE adjust <---- main problem

after fixing all of that, i can run her hard, shut her off and she will fire right up, the idle was my MAJOR MAJOR problem, the others just added to the hassle.

Leave a comment:

• DrLove'sKuDang
    started a topic Problem starting after stall

Problem starting after stall

Working...
X