No spark when raining or moisture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark when raining or moisture

my car runs mint when nice out.but when there is moisture in the air it wont start.no spark at all its getting fuel.new ignition coil,cap,rotor,wires, distributer,igniter what else could it be???????????

guess im gonna give up. ill never buy another honda again.this is retarted I have brought this car to 6 mechanics,2 dealers and been without a car for 1 month.and in the 1 month i have posted this on this site no one can seem to help me.up 2 $900 in parts still wont start when there is moisture in the air.WTF

Comment

i haven't heard of this problem before but i would check all the wires running to the coil and the cap etc. and make sure that none of them are fraid or have a bad conecction where water could seep in. sorry i cant be much help and good luck

Comment

I replaced with all honda dealer parts.brand new this week. distributer,igniter,tdc sensor,plugs,wires,cap,rotor,coil,map sensor,fuel filter,fuel pump.Im going nutz these parts are not cheap.no codes no start no spark helllpppp meeeeeee. all connections are good,all fuses are good.

Comment

Damn, I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. Just some words of encouragement...don't give up, it's prob something small. I had a bad experience with my motor after installing it and looked everywhere for answers as to why it kept dying. Little did I know that it was the main relay. I always say "now that all the big and expensive parts are replaced, it's gotta be something small and simple, and although I don't know what it is, I know I'm almost there".

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

Thats really weird man...I'm gonna go with what I would do and make sure that none of the wires leading to the coil, or any other ignition part are frayed, fried, or just shitty. It could be as easy as splicing in a new wire, good luck man. I hope you get it fixed. Hondas are great cars, I have had very few major problems and I've had 3.
            1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
            4.0L I-6 2WD
            293k miles, still running strong.
            Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

its the cap and seal

hey your getting moisture in the cap which short your spark out. get a new cap with seal. that should fix it.

oh and one more thing. make sure your battery cable and ground arent gettting wet either. make sure connections are clean.

others area might be bad alternator which can slowly dischage battery causing no start no spark.

other problem would be bad starter or starter solenoid. use ohmmeter to check current.

also the ignition switch itself could be bad. where you put the key in. or fusible link.

oh and how did you replace the tdc sensor as you stated when the helms manual say the whole unit has to be replaced. say the tdc/crank/cyl sensor is a single unit and must be replaced as one unit. is your distrubtor new or old one you replaced parts with.

just some idead to get you thinking
              Last edited by xfactortype1; 04-05-2005, 09:05 PM.

Comment

this morning i tryed to start again no luck.the weird thing is i get no fuel or spark. after cranking it for awhile i finaly get gas then if i keep trying for like 30 min ill get spark i really think the ecu is crap. the ecu has 210,000k on it my engine has 60k on it.yesterday i did new cap and seal,new wires,new ignition switch..no check engine light.today is my birthday, this suxxxxxx

Comment

Did you change your main relay?

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                    Did you change your main relay?
                    The main Relay can be a big pain in the ass with the CB's.....If your car has 210K on it then the main relay can be the problem....if it has never been replaced..
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Fixed the car i replaced the computer and its been running great since.

Comment

Originally posted by 4doorex93
                        guess im gonna give up. ill never buy another honda again.this is retarted...WTF
                        Relax. The car's old. Take a breath.

Now that you got it running right, go check your thread on the leaky oil pan gasket.
                        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
                        X