Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question - REAR ENGINE MOUNT

1990 cb7 automatic

I am pulling the Intake Manifold to change the gasket and since the IM will be out of the way, is it possible to take out the Rear engine Mount without removing anything else beside the IM ?! ... if not, what should be removed too ?!

you dont even have to take the IM off to take the rear motor mount out, all you need to do is take the bracket that goes to the motor from the mount off and your good to go, but I would think yes on you shouldn't need to take anything else off since you have IM off. Though you MIGHT have to take off the bracket

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
      you dont even have to take the IM off to take the rear motor mount out, all you need to do is take the bracket that goes to the motor from the mount off and your good to go, but I would think yes on you shouldn't need to take anything else off since you have IM off. Though you MIGHT have to take off the bracket
      I am taking the Intake Manifold off to do the EGR ports and since, I am doing it, I want to take the Rear Mount off too because it needs replacement, that's why I am asking because I don't want to remove anything extra from the bottom .. already the EGR ports is an exhausting job .. so I wanted the most lazy way of taking the rear mount that's all
      Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I think the DIY is enough info for me, Thank You here's the link to it in case someone needs it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27485

Comment

so I removed the rear mount and it had many ripping .. there's a liquid inside .. I want to try to glue the rippings ... what kind of liquid inside ?! oil, engine oil, grease ?!

Comment

Ewwwww it has a gross smell ... dropped some

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
              so I removed the rear mount and it had many ripping .. there's a liquid inside .. I want to try to glue the rippings ... what kind of liquid inside ?! oil, engine oil, grease ?!
              don't glue the ripping.. if you want they have polyurethane caulk at auto zone that you can use to make it stronger.. will be a lot cheaper than buying another mount.. my last cb7 had h22 in it and it held up pretty good. don't use glue because it'll rip as soon as you turn your car over

93 accord coupe lxr
              10 fusion se slammed

Comment

I think he has an AT.
                I don't think it is possible to fill aft mount of AT cars.
                A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                  I think he has an AT.
                  I don't think it is possible to fill aft mount of AT cars.
                  oh didn't know.. never owned an at before lol.. best bets is buy a new mount..

93 accord coupe lxr
                  10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Originally posted by fstacrd View Post
                    oh didn't know.. never owned an at before lol.. best bets is buy a new mount..
                    or suffer shaking !! ... I am gonna kill that mechanic .. and OyajiCool tells me " let the mechanic do it for you " !! I swear to GOD when I removed the bolts I thought it would be hard to do but as soon as I moved the wrench the bolts were turning pretty easily .. I was really scared, I've been driving the car and the bolts were not torqued right !! not only the rear motor mount but its bracket that goes to my AT tranny and to the engine too.

Comment

It's your responsibility to pick a competent mechanic.

this is what I have .... frankly I am too lazy lazy to remove the F22A4 head from the toasted engine, let alone, I don't have the tools to do so.
                      Above is what you said on another thread of yours. What else can I say but "let a mechanic do the work for you". I am sorry for my short coming that I didn't specify "A COMPITENT MECHANIC".

I still think it is better to have A mechanic work on A car rather than a lazy x2 ass with no tool working on it.
                      Last edited by oyajicool; 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM.
                      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                        It's your responsibility to pick a competent mechanic.

Above is what you said on another thread of yours. What else can I say but "let a mechanic do the work for you". I am sorry for my short coming that I didn't specify "A COMPITENT MECHANIC".

I still think it is better to have A mechanic work on A car rather than a lazy x2 ass with no tool working on it.
                        I was just teasing relax old school

Comment

Don't repair it, replace it.

Why not just put a 5speed mount in, its rubber and no fluid.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                            Don't repair it, replace it.

Why not just put a 5speed mount in, its rubber and no fluid.
                            on an automatic ?! .. what is the difference ?! and this part should I buy it new aftermarket .. or look in the junk yard ?!

Comment

You know, its been so long...you may have to research it. I THINK its possible, so you don't have to deal with the hydraulic fluid.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X